Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa1000 - Styles incorrect choose KbdSets ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 - Styles incorrect choose KbdSets ? Reply with quote

Hello,

choosing a Style manually or with Sb-Entry/SetLis selection might automatically choose KbdSets.
This depends on the STYLE TO KBD SET indicator.

If indicator is ON choosing a Style automatically select KbdSet#1.
If indicator is blinking choosing a Style automatically select KbdSet#1-4 corresponding to StyleVariation#1-4 (means eg Variation2 recalls KbdSet2, Variation3 recalls KbdSet3 ...)

If indicator is OFF Styles SHOULD NOT SELECT a KbdSet. That is why I suspect an OS-error occurs because users report, in this case choosing a Style with Sb-Entry/SetList selection always automatically select KbdSet#1.
Thus, the function of the switch STYLEtoKbdSET would be negatively pointless, because it is intended to continue with an automatically switched KbdSet OR with a constant KbdSet to reach a soft, seamless transition with the next style.
I ask for control as to whether in your Pa1000 StyleToKbdSet with Indikator OFF also causes a switch to KbdSet#1, what is justified as a demand to update the OS.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
B.Safe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 - Styles incorrect choose KbdSets ? Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
...I ask for control as to whether in your Pa1000 StyleToKbdSet with Indikator OFF also causes a switch to KbdSet#1, what is justified as a demand to update the OS.

When you select a style, the 4 'KEYBOARD SETs" are loaded with the 4 included in the style. Then depending on the status of the "STYLE TO KBD SET" button, the PA1000 selects the style as you explained it.

When you select a song in the SONG BOOK, the PA1000 always selects the KEYBOARD SET (1, 2, 3 or 4) you have selected when programming the SB entry.

This is absolutely not incorrect because the purpose of the Songbook is precisely to put the whole keyboard in a known situation for the chosen song.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 - Styles incorrect choose KbdSets ? Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
siebenhirter wrote:
...I ask for control as to whether in your Pa1000 StyleToKbdSet with Indikator OFF also causes a switch to KbdSet#1, what is justified as a demand to update the OS.

When you select a style, the 4 'KEYBOARD SETs" are loaded with the 4 included in the style. Then depending on the status of the "STYLE TO KBD SET" button, the PA1000 selects the style as you explained it.

When you select a song in the SONG BOOK, the PA1000 always selects the KEYBOARD SET (1, 2, 3 or 4) you have selected when programming the SB entry.

This is absolutely not incorrect because the purpose of the Songbook is precisely to put the whole keyboard in a known situation for the chosen song.

Been down a similar road with the Op before.

My guess is that whatever you say they will interpret differently.

I agree with you if I guess correctly that the system is best left as it is and Songbook and Setlist functions are used, you can then amend your chosen Style with FX, Kb sets, Pads etc and save it as a Songbook entry and each time you load that Songbook entry all your settings are loaded and the original Style stays exactly as Korg produced.

I fail to see what is wrong with that.
B.Safe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 - Styles incorrect choose KbdSets ? Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
...I agree with you if I guess correctly that the system is best left as it is and Songbook and Setlist functions are used, you can then amend your chosen Style with FX, Kb sets, Pads etc and save it as a Songbook entry and each time you load that Songbook entry all your settings are loaded and the original Style stays exactly as Korg produced.

I fail to see what is wrong with that.

Exactly, I'm not always against any request for improvement of the keyboard. But at least, before that, one should try to use it as it was designed rather than consider that if it does not work as expected, it is necessarily an anomaly.

The Songbook is designed to set all the parameters of the keyboard for a given song. You can always try to use it in a different way and it does not bother me as long as you do not ask for changes or show this way of using it as the best.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly right.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 - Styles incorrect choose KbdSets ? Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
.. it does not bother me ...

Also if it does not bother you, it is disturbing if you intend the function as made for soft and gentle transition of the KbdSet!

Also Songbook is designed to set all the parameters of the keyboard for a given song, but some Lock parameters and buttons like "StyleToKbdSet" also are made to allow an individual use.

Here the original Text of Pa1000 Manual, Page 55:
"Choosing a Style might automatically choose Keyboard Sounds. This depends on the STYLE TO KBD SET indicator (KBD SET = Keyboard Set).
STYLE TO KBD / SET indicator / Meaning: Off - Styles do not select a Keyboard Set.

Thats exactly what is wrong with this function, in case switching automatically to "KbdSet#1" each time LED indicator is OFF.

Seems to be OK to ask for correction with next OS update to use that function as we had with previous "StyleToKbdSet" when it simply was called "Single touch" but works correctly.

In case selection of Sb always should select a KbdSet memorized in sb-entry simply switch to ON - but a switch OFF would be pointless for same reason - also does not correspond to the specification in the manual therefore works incorrect!

That is not a request for an improvement but in charge of fixing a bug.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
B.Safe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 - Styles incorrect choose KbdSets ? Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Here the original Text of Pa1000 Manual, Page 55:
"Choosing a Style might automatically choose Keyboard Sounds. This depends on the STYLE TO KBD SET indicator (KBD SET = Keyboard Set).
STYLE TO KBD / SET indicator / Meaning: Off - Styles do not select a Keyboard Set.

Thats exactly what is wrong with this function, in case switching automatically to "KbdSet#1" each time LED indicator is OFF.

You confuse Style and Songbook Entry. The manual that you quote speaks about Style and it works perfectly on the PA1000.
The manual has never spoken about the operation of this button with a Songbook Entry and for good reason, it's not made for that.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 - Styles incorrect choose KbdSets ? Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
.. You confuse Style and Songbook Entry. The manual that you quote speaks about Style and it works perfectly on the PA1000.
The manual has never spoken about the operation of this button with a Songbook Entry and for good reason, it's not made for that...

No, the confusion again is yours - now the reason for your constantly negative attitudes towards StylePlay features are obviously.

You don't seem to have realized that Songbook and StylePlay are not competing Processes. These are rather summarized as Songbook functions for songplay and styleplay, so that the operations of the "StyleToKbdSet" also is a Songbook function for Styleplay - and made for it.

Original from Manual " (Page 105): " .. the SongBook is the onboard music database, allowing you to organize the Styles and Songs for easy retrieving. When choosing one of the Entries, the associated Style, MIDI or MP3 Song – AS WELL AS THE STYLE PLAY OR SONG PLAY MODE - IS AUTOMATICALLY RECALLED ARE MADE FOR BOTH".

So love it or believe it - in case switching automatically to "KbdSet#1" each time LED indicator is OFF that is wrong with this function and again: That is not a request for an improvement but in charge of fixing a bug.

B.Safe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 - Styles incorrect choose KbdSets ? Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
...So love it or believe it - in case switching automatically to "KbdSet#1" each time LED indicator is OFF that is wrong with this function and again: That is not a request for an improvement but in charge of fixing a bug.

Again, I'm against your request because this will prevent to use the PA the standard way : intialize all the parameters for a given song regardless of other switches set on the keyboard.
In a live setup this will put your performance at risk !

But you can't probably understand this as you don't even have the Keyboard to play with or to verify what you are saying.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 - Styles incorrect choose KbdSets ? Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
siebenhirter wrote:
...So love it or believe it - in case switching automatically to "KbdSet#1" each time LED indicator is OFF that is wrong with this function and again: That is not a request for an improvement but in charge of fixing a bug.

Again, I'm against your request because this will prevent to use the PA the standard way : intialize all the parameters for a given song regardless of other switches set on the keyboard.

But you can't probably understand this as you don't even have the Keyboard to play with or to verify what you are saying.

The Op is Troll like in many of his comments, if you take my advice simply comment in large bold letter

YOU ARE WRONG AND I FOR ONE DO NOT SUPPORT YOUR PROPOSAL

and then move on.
B.Safe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 - Styles incorrect choose KbdSets ? Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
The Op is Troll like in many of his comments, if you take my advice simply comment in large bold letter

YOU ARE WRONG AND I FOR ONE DO NOT SUPPORT YOUR PROPOSAL

and then move on.

You are right, I will follow your advice.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 - Styles incorrect choose KbdSets ? Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
siebenhirter wrote:

You probably do not accept the function of "StyleToKbdSet" as specificated - using Pa in standard way (your definition only) means "StyleToKbdSet" Indikator "on".

So put "on" that indicator to get no risk and do not try to teach us what will be a standard way of use - there are none!
Pa-arrangers have possibility to set parameters to be personalized without any standard ways.
Biggles wrote:
.. YOU ARE WRONG AND I FOR ONE DO NOT SUPPORT YOUR PROPOSAL ..

Does not matter what you support here.
Better get facts about general sb-functions read specifications, to at least one comment from would be helpful anytime in this post.

Again- read specification or manual: in case switching automatically to "KbdSet#1" each time LED indicator is OFF that is wrong with this function. To update OS with a correct function is not a request for an improvement but in charge of fixing a bug.

B.Safe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 - Styles incorrect choose KbdSets ? Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
...So put "on" that indicator to get no risk and do not try to teach us what will be a standard way of use - there are none!
Pa-arrangers have possibility to set parameters to be personalized without any standard ways.

I use this indicator in different situations and I need it often in the OFF position. But then, when I select a Songbook Entry, I want my Keyborad fully initialized for the chosen song, even when the indicator was OFF.

To satisfy both needs, I think the best evolution request would be to integrate the value of the button STYLE TO KBD SET in the tab "Control / Lyrics" of the Songbook entry, as for START, STOP and MEMORY, with the possibility to choose unchanged.
I am ready to support such a request.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: