Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg M1 Freezes and factory resets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Korg M1 Freezes and factory resets Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I just bought a Korg M1 EX.

The synth works fine but after a while it would freeze and sometimes the buttons will flash for a few seconds very fast until they come to a stop. If I turn it off and turn it on again immediately, it will not boot, only the first line of the display lights up blank. I have to leave it for a while and it will boot normally and the display will say "Korg M1 Music Workstation #29" but all the presets will be lost and I have to load them again (basically it will factory reset itself). If I leave it for more than 10 minutes the presets will still be there and the boot screen will read just "Korg M1 Music Workstation" without the number 29. The freeze happens after every boot.
I need to mention that I recently changed the battery as I thought that would be the cause.

Any ideas on what it could be?
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a wild guess: check electrolytic capacitors in the PSU first, then just about everywhere in the synth. Afer 30 or so years they tend to bulge/leak and dry out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: