Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos, a Lead Sound Fades and loses volume overtime!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
equalvector

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:33 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos, a Lead Sound Fades and loses volume overtime! Reply with quote

Hi! I have a question that I cannot figure out how to fix that problem. I play a lead solo with a build in sound of Kronos and as I am playing the volume of the lead is slowly decreases and as a result I am losing the "feeling" of the solo at that time, the only thing I have to do to return to the original volume is to lift my finger and press again the next note, but it is annoying.

How do I stop this function and let the sound have the same dynamics as my solo first begins with? Is it a problem of the selection of the legato?

Thank you in advance! Smile
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What program are you using? I’d like to see if that happens on my K.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What program?
And a look at what synth engine it is.

Maybe uses a wave sequence that can slowly waver the sound loudness.
Also LFO may do that if the synth engine has a way for LFO to modulate parameters that bring the sound loudness up and down.
Maybe even in the FX being modulated to bring loudness in and out?
Maybe it’s a program with an unauthorized sample that was installed as demo only?

Hard to say without the program known and info about the synth engine and FX used.
Gunnar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say for sure without knowing the program, but I would think it is a mono-legato patch with a envelope on either the amp or the filter that causes it to fade out over time.

Have a look at the amp and filter sections and then have a look at the corresponding envelopes that drive those. Chances are they have a long decay and sustain at 0. Raise the sustain to prevent the fade out..
equalvector

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the answers, I will check first thing tomorrow morning and I will post the program. Also I will check your suggestions about the settings of the Amp and lfos.
equalvector

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now the program is U-F120 Espress Lead
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked out that program and I do agree that the sound does fade slightly over time. I don't think your K has a problem, I think it's just the nature of the program. You might spend some time trying to make some adjustments possibly in the filter section, however any edits will likely change the overall sound.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few things happening. The first is that both Oscillators in this Program have been set to decay in amplitude over time. This can be changed by tapping on the graphical representations of amplitude in the screen areas labelled Amp1 and Amp2, and altering the Envelope Sustain Levels for one or both oscillators. Think of these controls as ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release) on steroids.

Secondly, there is a similar set of parameters for the Effect Group for Oscillator 1 and 2. Like the above, these can be accessed from the Filter 1 and Filter 2 areas of the main screen, and tweaked to change the amount by which the filter effect changes over time.

Thirdly, the Voice Assign mode is Mono, so playing a second note stops the first note sounding. This can be changed in the Basic/Vector, Program Basic tabs, to Poly, allowing multiple notes to be played at the same time.

If the resulting Program sounds more like you wanted it, don't forget to save. The best way is probably to copy the Program to an empty (Init Program) slot, leaving the original Espress Lead Program unchanged. The quickest way to save your changes is to press the Rec/Write button to the right of the keypad area.

KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see nothing wrong with this program, it behaves like standard mono synths. On top of what voip mentions, don't forget the aftertouch which is very modestly programmed in this one, but you can increase it as wanted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: