Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg kronos official service centre india cheating

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Musicrider1989

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Korg kronos official service centre india cheating Reply with quote

Embarassed I have a problem in my korg kronos2 ,it is shutting down anytime while playing and black screen appear showing messege on it that a problem has been detected kindly shutdown your kronos and turn it on again,so same happen twice in a 6 month i have spent 80000 for motherboard replacement (twice in a year 40000 each time)kindly help me regearding this

I want to complaint to korg about dealer beacause
1)he gave me the display product in new price
2)he charge me 23000 rupees (indian) of my kronos motherboard replacement
3)and they are only the official dealer in india
4)kindly help me regearding this I really approciate
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read you bought a display/demo and paid the full retail price. I know I would not consider such a purchase. AFAIK that is not a standard business practice at retail in US.

from what I understand, the Kronos defect has not been resolved.

No one from Korg will automatically get involved based on your post here.

Save time by contacting Korg support directly, either by phone or Email.
Musicrider1989

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks you so much for reply
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to start by getting a stable power supply.
An Uninteruptable power supply.
Unstable power is not good for kronos and can send it into trouble everyday no matter how many times you repair it.

Yes your local or area electircity supply could possibly be causing the problem.

Either way, you are going to have to buy something and the first thing should be a UPS for kronos power supply.
LewTheKeyboardGuy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
You need to start by getting a stable power supply.
An Uninteruptable power supply.
Unstable power is not good for kronos and can send it into trouble everyday no matter how many times you repair it.

Yes your local or area electircity supply could possibly be causing the problem.

Either way, you are going to have to buy something and the first thing should be a UPS for kronos power supply.

Forgive me chiming in here, Please could you recommend a good UPS for both kronos workstations? any advice would be much appreciated.

lew
qqquartzzz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject: Power Supply Rec. Reply with quote

I got this one.
Haven't had the shutdown problem since.

https://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/products/APC-Back-UPS-6-Outlets-450VA-120V-Retail/P-BN450M
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APC brand is always a good choice that shows up on tech radar recomendations for best UPS options.

But i cannot say what will be available in India.

If your options are limited, then focus on how many stored watts of backup power you need for your situation.

If all you need is enough power to catch a power break and have time to shut kronos down properly, then you can buy a UPS that gives a minimum of 100 watts output and holds much more than 100 watt hours of power.
Ideally, you want double the watt hours for your maximum watt draw and that is in a simple scenario where you want to catch a power break and then have a few minutes to shut down Kronos.

Kronos uses 80 watts or maybe as little as 60 watts. Better to overestimate the power need when looking for a battery power supply.

So a 600 watt hour backup storage is enough and not too bulky to carry around.
It should allow you to keep playing kronos for an added hour or two before needing to shutdown during a power break.

More important is that the UPS will not allow power fluctuations to ruin your Kronos.

I suggest for performances on stage where you have to keep playing without interuption, You get a minimum 600VA UPS....
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
APC brand is always a good choice that shows up on tech radar recomendations for best UPS options.

But i cannot say what will be available in India.

If your options are limited, then focus on how many stored watts of backup power you need for your situation.

If all you need is enough power to catch a power break and have time to shut kronos down properly, then you can buy a UPS that gives a minimum of 100 watts output and holds much more than 100 watt hours of power.
Ideally, you want double the watt hours for your maximum watt draw and that is in a simple scenario where you want to catch a power break and then have a few minutes to shut down Kronos.

Kronos uses 80 watts or maybe as little as 60 watts. Better to overestimate the power need when looking for a battery power supply.

So a 600 watt hour backup storage is enough and not too bulky to carry around.
It should allow you to keep playing kronos for an added hour or two before needing to shutdown during a power break.

More important is that the UPS will not allow power fluctuations to ruin your Kronos.

I suggest for performances on stage where you have to keep playing without interuption, You get a minimum 600VA UPS....

Amazon and similar sites are available in most of Asia. Should't be difficult to find a decent UPS
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.korgusa.com/contactus
^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^
This is Korg contact link webpage.
I copied and pasted below the contents of the web page.
Some of the contents are active links that you can click to forward into a new page.

Send messages for support and hope a reply comes even if after a long delay.

Contacting Korg USA

316 S Service Rd
Melville, NY 11747
631-390-6500
Sales: Sales@korgusa.com
Product Support: support@korgusa.com
Customer Service: customerservice@korgusa.com
Artist Relations: ArtistInquiries@korgusa.com
Accounts Payable: AP@korgusa.com

Korg USA is the official US distributor of Korg, VOX, Blackstar, Spector, Tanglewood, Cole Clark, Crush, Sakae, Waldorf, Right On!, Sequenz and Stay products and offers customer service and product support to customers that purchased these products in the United States.

Korg USA is also the official Canadian distributor of Blackstar, Spector, Cole Clark and Right On! products and offers customer service and product support to customers that purchased these products in Canada.

For support regarding products purchased outside the countries referenced above, please contact the appropriate distributor in your country using the links below.

Korg & VOX Distributors
Blackstar Distributors
Spector Distributors
Tanglewood Distributors
Cole Clark Distributors
Crush Distributors
Sakae Distributors
Right On! Distributors
Waldorf Distributors
Stay Distributors
Sequenz Distributors
Korg USA Customer Service
(non-technical assistance, general information)

Phone : (631) 390-6800
Hours : Monday-Friday 10:00am - 6:00pm
Korg USA Customer Service is available for assistance regarding any current promotions, dealer, service or warranty related inquiries as applicable to products sold or purchased in the United States.

Service Centers for Repairs

To contact a Korg authorized service center for repairs please visit www.korgusa.com/dealerlocator

Warranty and repair of KORG products:

All warranty coverage is provided by the Korg distributor of the country that your product was purchased in. Products sold by unofficial or retailers outside your local distributor's territory may not conform to local specifications and will not be covered by your local distributor's warranty. If you are not currently located in the country where your product was purchased and require local repair, please contact the local Korg distributor for servicing information. Please note, if you require warranty coverage you must have your product serviced in the country where it was purchased even if this involves paying freight to and from that country. In this instance, please contact the dealer who originally sold you your KORG product to make the necessary arrangements. For more information regarding the Korg USA warranty, please click on the following link. http://www.korgusa.com/dealers/warranty
Parts Related Inquiries

Please contact our national parts distributor, Parts is Parts (www.korgparts.com , 800-590-0014) or any local Korg USA authorized dealer.
Korg Collection Software

For installation instructions click here.
Korg USA Product Support
(usage/operational support & product information, non-repair)

Korg offers product support via e-mail for products sold or purchased in the United States.

As our support services will be in accordance with the manufacturer’s operating instructions, please refer to our extensive on-line support materials (Manuals, FAQs, videos,) for immediate information. Please understand that support and resources for older products may be limited.

Please be sure to check the Brand's site for on-line support materials by clicking here, for immediate answers to your questions before contacting Product Support directly.

In an effort to assist as many of our customers as possible, we are unable to provide 'How-To' support (i.e., sound design, personal tone questions, compositional inquiries, etc.) or act as a general training resource. We’re happy to address operational and functional inquiries related to your product and where possible, point you towards the appropriate documentation and resources for further assistance and learning.

To contact Korg USA Product Support, please click here.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.korg.com/in/support/contact/
^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
The information below is copied directly from the above Korg website,
regarding support in India.
It lists a dealer that handles sales and support for Korg.
The website mentions a list of distributors but seems to show only the one in India.

NOTE for product support, warranty and repair of KORG products:
All product support and warranty coverage is provided by the Korg distributor of the country that your product was purchased in. Products sold by unofficial or retailers outside your local distributor’s territory may not conform to local specifications and will not be covered by your local distributor’s warranty. If you are not currently located in the country where your product was purchased and require local repair, please contact the dealer who sold you your product for servicing information. Your dealer should always be your first point of contact for any queries relating to your purchase.
Please note, if you require warranty coverage you must have your product serviced in the country where it was purchased even if this involves paying freight to and from that country. In this instance, please contact the dealer who originally sold you your KORG product to make the necessary arrangements. For a full list of Korg’s international distributors, please click here.
Furtados Music India Pvt Ltd is located at

This is the Korg website info for Korg support in India.
If this cannot work for you in India, you could have it shipped to another country for service and then returned.

201, Town Centre II, Andheri Kurla Road Marol,
Andheri (East) Mumbai 400059. India
Phone Number and E-Mail address

Tel: +91-22-42875000
Click Here to send a general enquiry or feedback relating to sales, marketing or this web site.
E Mail: info@furtadosmusic.com
Korg product support and warranty

Congratulations on your purchase of Korg Music Product ensuring many hours of joyous music making. This new Korg Music Product (instrument) is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 1(ONE) Year, subject to the limitations contained in this warranty.
Please download Korg products warranty from here.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am from and based in USA.
But i have lived in Africa, South Asia, South America and Central America.
I have been to 23 countries so far and this year have 2 new countries already booked.

Some of the countries i have lived in or visited for extended stay, do not have Korg dealers or support, yet the countries show up on the Korg distributor list.
They show up on the list with the address of an exporter distributor from another country.
The south American countries i looked up, list their distributor in Miami Florida USA.
The country in Africa, lists its distributor in United Arab Emirates.

So India having one listed within India is actually a good thing.

But having to ship in and out of country for sales and service is not unusual in less developed countires. Krog Kronos is not a houshold item and not even that common among the world population of keyboard players.

India is a borderline country where developed status is the mark.
One Korg distrubutor for a nation of well over 1 billion is not really impressive, and then that they would have impressive service for you is also going to turn out to match the state or development of the country.

Some countries i have visited or lived, i could not even get a simple new SD card without problems. Problems such as fake products, products that were imitations that worked new out of the box but failed every time in the first month.
So i learned to buy my essentials for sensitive things like electronics, in USA and then travel with the items from USA as well as backup.

I had a recent cell phone malfunction in Mexico. It was a Samsung i bought in Mexico. The same OS glitch everytime. But it does not happen on the same brand and model of phone that i bought in USA to use when i am in USA.
Only the Mexican bought version fails like that. So now i have repaired it in Mexico but will replace it with a new phone when i get back to USA..

I have consitently had problems with purchases and service to items outside of USA and specifically in less developed nations.
Anything more complicated than a taco or frenchfries is guaranteed in many countries to be fumbled along the way.
And even then they still burn my french fries sometimes here in Mexico.

The only reason i have my Kronos with me in Mexico right now, is because i brought it from USA and will take it back. It even has some output line-out issues right now but i refuse to take it to Mexican service.
I will wait and use a work-around, unti i get back to USA and then send it to service there.

If you have tried the only service center in India and that is failing you every time, i am not surprised and my guess is shipping your kronos to another country will be the best option.

There are some countries where owning certain luxuries or advancements comes with serious maintainance complications.

India seems to be a very adept computer science powerhouse.
It should be no problem getting a person who knows computer builds well enough to understand your problem with your kronos.
Your problem seems to be on the computer side of Kronos.

When i had Korg triton extreme 88, i used to ship it with me from Hawaii to Asia and it got as expensive to ship it there and back as buying a used one.
I simply had it with me for home use and not for work.
So i sold it and waited until my travels slowed down and then got a Kronos.
And now i put Kronos in storage for 6 months while travelling and then take it with me the other 6 months when i travel by road with a van.
And Kronos with me is not for work either. I still keep it at home for fun and commitment to learning and making music.

If you have the time and energy, i encourage you to keep contacting korg international outside of India to complain about India service.
Especially if it is the only service center in India.
Only complaining and getting Korg international to adress issues in India, will make things improve.
Countries with lots of people living in destitution, get that way by not caring about quality service and being deaf and blind to complaints.
And without redress allowed, things will get worse and they will try to charge you more for less everytime around until it isn’t worth it to be involved at all.

I have been to very poor countries where complaining is against one of their virtues, and things are very bad in the country with complaints seen more of a bad thing than the bad things being complained about.
And every time a bad situation is ignored in shame about complaining, things get worse and the cycle spirals out of control, even as they pick up the bodies who were casualties of things getting worse.
And still complaints remain an anti-virtue.

I hope you can put out the effort to cause changes in India, where the only Korg sales and service representative serves an area of well over 1 billion people and maybe even serve the nearby regions around India.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: