Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volume reduction when copying a program into a combi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremyjcs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject: Volume reduction when copying a program into a combi Reply with quote

Hi Folks.

Some Kronos advice and guidance please.

I've noticed that when I "audition" a program in program mode the output level seems much louder than when I use that program in combi mode.

I've used a blank slot in combi mode , selected "copy from program" to bring the program across into the combi , ticked the "all IFX used" MFX and TFX boxes so that those settings should also port into the combi. The track volume defaults to 127, so it's set at maximum, but when I play the sound in combi mode , it is significantly quieter than when I play it in program mode.

It makes it a bit of a nightmare keeping my output levels consisent when I alternate between program and combi modes. (I know I could just stick to playing everything in combi but sometimes you just want to call up a sound on the fly !)

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks for listening.
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can assure you right now that what you're experiencing is user error or possibly a faulty vector joystick. There will be no difference in volume between program and combi mode if everything is transferred correctly. Can you give a specific example of a transfer with a lack of volume or post a video demonstrating your problem?
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try SW 1 & 2 to see if they are set to dim the sound in some way maybe via FX or some program parameter.
I have had SW 1 & 2 conflict between program mode and combi mode.
Maybe also knobs 5,6,7,8.

Not sure my idea here should be the issue if you are copying a program into a blank initalized Combi with no other program in any of the timbre slots, and all combi settings are at default.

So if it is just one program to a completely empty combi at default state, then i doubt my above guess at the problem.

So the only other idea is that the program is dual oscillator in program mode but when it gets to combi mode, combi may have timbre parameter OSC page with “OSC select” option set to a setting other than “Both”.
Sometimes a program is a layer of two sounds from two OSC and one will be loud while the other is less on the loud side. Then it gets to Combi and Combi has independent setting options to allow all or omit any of the OSC.

My default or initilized combi comes set with OSC select set to “Both”
Seems like it should, but being default at OSC 1 seems to be sensible also when considering Kronos’ struggle with polyphony in combi mode.

Anyway, this is the best i can do towards process of elimination for finding what is going wrong.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Volume reduction when copying a program into a combi Reply with quote

jeremyjcs wrote:
I've noticed that when I "audition" a program in program mode the output level seems much louder than when I use that program in combi mode.

Is this every program? If not, can you give the specific programs you are talking about?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: