Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it a bug or is it a fault

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robthemuso

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Is it a bug or is it a fault Reply with quote

Hi. Just set up for the first gig with os3 and all seemed well untill I turned on the mic and sang useing the Vocal Harmonizer. With the harmony volume turned fully off the harmony is still coming thru at about half volume, the double and effect control is now turning the harmony up and down as well as the effects. So when I get the harmony level right I have no reverb. The keyboard is unuseable. Fortunately I still carry my trusty old pa1x pro in the van but I have had the Pa4x for over 12 months now I still can't get it to sound right. I am very disappointed. Any suggestions please?
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it a bug or is it a fault Reply with quote

robthemuso wrote:
Hi. Just set up for the first gig with os3 and all seemed well untill I turned on the mic and sang useing the Vocal Harmonizer. With the harmony volume turned fully off the harmony is still coming thru at about half volume, the double and effect control is now turning the harmony up and down as well as the effects. So when I get the harmony level right I have no reverb. The keyboard is unuseable. Fortunately I still carry my trusty old pa1x pro in the van but I have had the Pa4x for over 12 months now I still can't get it to sound right. I am very disappointed. Any suggestions please?
A quick read through some of the recent threads round here should of alerted you that there are some problems with OS V3 and if you are gigging or have some important work on going I think it would be fair to say hold off with OS V3 while korg correct any issue that have been flagged up...if the previous OS V2 has worked fine for you I would revert back for now keep an eye on this section of the forum before going ahead with OS V3 again... I have upgraded to V3 as my weekend with PA4X was canncled and have a few weeks spare before I need a stable operating system and I can all ways revert back any time I need to... So... OS V3 is clearly not quite ready for some but still looking very promising and welcomed by many including my self....

Last edited by D575 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
robthemuso

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I totally agree with you and I did have Pa1x as back up. I must add that I have been playing with the new o.s. at home with no problem and I'm not sure if this is a fault with the keyboard. I can recall somebody having a similar problem some 6 months ago there again it is most likely a bug in the os. To be fair I love the Pa4x and I'm sure this will be sorted by Korg. 😊👍
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robthemuso wrote:
Yes, I totally agree with you and I did have Pa1x as back up. I must add that I have been playing with the new o.s. at home with no problem and I'm not sure if this is a fault with the keyboard. I can recall somebody having a similar problem some 6 months ago there again it is most likely a bug in the os. To be fair I love the Pa4x and I'm sure this will be sorted by Korg. 😊👍
i would go back to OS V2 and run through the vocal section as you did at your gig and you should quicky find out if the problem is a fault with the keyboard or a OS V3 issue (bug) if it is a bug might help to report this in the "Sticky V3 bug" section...
Tom04

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
maybe there is another reason.
I tried several times to reproduce this "bug", but everything was correct.
Switching the mic on, only the mic sounds, harmony off and no effect can be heard, when using the harmony level knob. Also the reverb and double effect works normal.
I have 2 devices, one with 2.2 and one with v3. Both are working in the same way.

Sorry, but I can't help or find a reason.
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked to see if it is Talk mode? Just a thought ...
There is a setting where you can elect to have the mic default to talk mode when the style or song stops.
robthemuso

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got home from gig and set up the Pa4x and guess what? It is working as it should. Both harmony knob and delay knob are working fine. Many thanks to everyone for help and suggestions. Can't explain the fault but everything is ok now. 🎤🎹👍😊
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robthemuso wrote:
Just got home from gig and set up the Pa4x and guess what? It is working as it should. Both harmony knob and delay knob are working fine. Many thanks to everyone for help and suggestions. Can't explain the fault but everything is ok now. 🎤🎹👍😊
I would keep an eye on this and perhaps before your next gig at home try to recreate the conditions that you found your self in with the gig problem and may be do some repeated testing by not only powering down with the panel power button but also switching off at the wall socket then after a short wait switch on and run though your Mic setting just to make sure there is not any underlying problems... my only concern would be if OS V3 is the only significant change you have made with you PA4X recently that you don't run into this again...of course if it did show up again it many not be OS V3 related and could be somthing else and you may then have to revert back to OS V2 to try to establish the root cause... but hopefully it was only a glitch... also handy you had a back up Smile
robthemuso

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got it sorted. Global-mic setup gain was at -40 db. Adjusted to -5
db and now I can hear the lead voice. This was discussed in a previous post which was most useful. Thank you
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robthemuso wrote:
Finally got it sorted. Global-mic setup gain was at -40 db. Adjusted to -5
db and now I can hear the lead voice. This was discussed in a previous post which was most useful. Thank you
Good news Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: