Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos or MIDI Keyboard when I already have DGX660

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jazz2321DE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos or MIDI Keyboard when I already have DGX660 Reply with quote

Should I buy Korg Kronos or Some MIDI when I already have DGX-660, MacBook Pro and FL Studio Signature with all plugins package and when I'm in need of secondary Keyboard so that both my sister and can use the keyboard at the same time?

I'm very hesitant to spend $3.5K on Kronos when I already spent $800 on DGX660 and $800 on FL Studio Signature + All Plugin package. I do not have a need to travel with my Keyboard. I do not perform Live shows. I'm a Piano leaner who started 3 years back and trying to learn or compose my own music. But I do have a need to have secondary Keyboard so that my sister can also use the Keyboard at the same time when I'm using a keyboard.

Should buy a Kronos or better buy a MIDI within $500 or buy some low priced Synth Keyboard?

Should my secondary keyboard should be weighted keys and 88 keys? Not all the time both my sister and I will need a Keyboard at the same time.

I'm not interested in analog synths.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Kronos or MIDI Keyboard when I already have DGX660 Reply with quote

jazz2321DE wrote:
Should I buy Korg Kronos or Some MIDI when I already have DGX-660, MacBook Pro and FL Studio Signature with all plugins package and when I'm in need of secondary Keyboard so that both my sister and can use the keyboard at the same time?

I'm very hesitant to spend $3.5K on Kronos when I already spent $800 on DGX660 and $800 on FL Studio Signature + All Plugin package. I do not have a need to travel with my Keyboard. I do not perform Live shows. I'm a Piano leaner who started 3 years back and trying to learn or compose my own music. But I do have a need to have secondary Keyboard so that my sister can also use the Keyboard at the same time when I'm using a keyboard.

Should buy a Kronos or better buy a MIDI within $500 or buy some low priced Synth Keyboard?

Should my secondary keyboard should be weighted keys and 88 keys? Not all the time both my sister and I will need a Keyboard at the same time.

I'm not interested in analog synths.

Since you mention budget, I think you should find a midi controller for your sister. Midi that to your DGX and FL [ which I know nothing of].

And Kronos is not a beginner keyboard.

Whether you or your sis prefers weighed or un weighed or what ever key size model depends. Love piano ? Then 88 weighed is the call.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if your learning interests include catching up with the workings of the most advanced workstations out there, then kronos is a good idea.
Kronos can lead to a lot of distration from playing as beginners learn the system. Even just to learn how to use it as midi control for the laptop.
But it is a worthwhile experience learning it.

I decided on a DGX and then took it back the next day to trade for a Kronos.
Got the DGX first to play for amyear or two before saving more money and getting a kronos, but i really wanted a kronos and the DGX had some faulty keys.
So the faulty keys was the perfect excuse to take it back and order a Kronos instead.

If you decide a midi controller board, you may end up missing the onboard sounds of DGX.
Maybe consider a midi controller with onboard sounds if you need onboard sounds.

Roland FA series is a good option that compares to Kronos functionality, and the 88k version is less than $2k. $1.4k for the 61 key.
That is cheaper than Roland’s best midi controller board and stage piano(RD2000).
And FA series also requires some learning of the system if you want to use it with the Laptop.

Seems 88 key may be right for you if you are coming from a Yamaha DGX.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: