Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RH3 keybed hammers order

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: RH3 keybed hammers order Reply with quote

Dear all,

I recently bought Korg D1 which has the RH3 keybed.

I decided to post this thread here, because the Kronos has the same keybed and this subforum seems to be most active.

I was messing around with my digital piano and noticed something which is bothering me.

I started detaching some white keys on the low end and the order of the hammers just don't make sense to me.

I didn't write down the full stamp of the hammers, but they were all the same except for the last 2 symbols, which were either A1 or A2 from the first key A0 until E2.

So far so good, but the order just makes no sense. It is like that, from the first key until E1:
A1, A1, A1, A1, A2, A2, A2, A2, A1, A2, A1, A1 and then from F2 they go with B2 for some keys.. last key of the piano reads D2.

So I am left with impression that the higher this symbols are, the heavier the hammer is. If that's the case, then my hammers are probably scrambled.

As a beginner I am not able to actually tell if there is a difference between the weight of hammers spelled as A1 or A2.

Do the last two symbols of the stamp represent the weight, or it is something totally different?

When I was buying the piano I was left with the impression that each next key is a little bit lighter than the previous.. but it seems they are weighted in groups?

Can anyone bring some clarity on this topic?

Best regards.

UPPDATE: I just compared two hammers with indexes A1 and A2 - they are exactly the same in shape and weight. They weight 48 grams, just got a digital scale.

Last edited by Poki on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RH3 action hammer distribution should be from A0 to C8 :

20 / 33 / 18 / 17.

So A0 to E2 (12 whites + 8 blacks = 20 keys),
F2 to C#5 (19 whites + 14 blacks = 33 keys),
D5 to G6 (11 whites + 7 blacks = 18 keys),
G#6 to C8 (10 whites + 7 blacks = 17 keys).

Of course each section includes white and black keys, so we are talking about eight different types of hammers total and not four.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: