Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My appreciation to Korg for the version 3 gift

View previous topic :: View next topic  
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject: My appreciation to Korg for the version 3 gift Reply with quote

I have been having the time of my life with version 3 . The new styles are incredible ! I love the new layout and am still exploring this new operating system . To be honest , i never really got too deep in version two !!

I am a player and not a techy and I am not a bean counter so I can only tell you my first impressions . I have been playing every night for the last 7 days much to the annoyance of my wife 🤪. The keyboard feels like a new musical weapon to me and I am so grateful to Korg for this free upgrade . I have found playing it inspiring and it has rejuvenated me .

I wish more folks who owned these amazing tools would play more and critique less . There is no perfect board but damn ...... the pa4x version 3 is pretty close .

Ps I forgot to say how much I appreciate the contemporary styles . They are so well programmed and malleable. Please keep producing more of these as we really don’t need any more fox trots and waltzes.
Guyske

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, 100% true Very Happy Laughing
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: My appreciation to Korg for the version 3 gift Reply with quote

worth wrote:
I have been having the time of my life with version 3 . The new styles are incredible ! I love the new layout and am still exploring this new operating system . To be honest , i never really got too deep in version two !!

I am a player and not a techy and I am not a bean counter so I can only tell you my first impressions . I have been playing every night for the last 7 days much to the annoyance of my wife 🤪. The keyboard feels like a new musical weapon to me and I am so grateful to Korg for this free upgrade . I have found playing it inspiring and it has rejuvenated me .

I wish more folks who owned these amazing tools would play more and critique less . There is no perfect board but damn ...... the pa4x version 3 is pretty close .

Ps I forgot to say how much I appreciate the contemporary styles . They are so well programmed and malleable. Please keep producing more of these as we really don’t need any more fox trots and waltzes.

I completely agree with your positive post!
I'm enjoying the new version just as much as you, the new styles are indeed: awesome !

Play in style. Wink
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Worth,

It's nice to hear you are really enjoying the new upgrade along with Guyske and Fransman. I had a really bad experience when my Legend Live organ received a major update and the subsequent fallout on the Forum among members.
Due to this, I was really unsure about wether to upgrade (at the moment) or wait until an update to the update has been released by Korg. All last week the posts regarding this update were of a negative nature (which is understandable if there are issues) although most of the points covered were of a slightly deeper nature than I would probably venture in to.
My ultimate wish is that Forum members don't fall out among themselves over the update.

Me personally, I probably fall into the same category as Worth (play more, analyse less).

Thank you for your reassurances guys, I'm sure I will upgrade in the very near future.

Chris
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:

+1000

AND THE KEY WORD IN THE TOPIC SUBJECT IS "GIFT" Very Happy
Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by karmathanever on Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the general consensus across the forum and wider with korg's policy of past, present and future updates which include the evolution of (in this case the PA4X) are seen as very welcome and i think any constructive criticism with a balanced approach is also good and necessary as part of any on going developments with PA4X or related future platforms and of course what is also very helpful and good to see is a organised sensible approach to reports with any encoutered bugs for the "Sticky V3 bug" section.... what is also important that we distinguish between the constructive work and help from froum members to report any anomalies (bugs) etc in the process to improve and stabilise what we all know is a great product and that we can continue to distinguish between any possible misunderstandings of any on going observations in there given form and not to be considered as criticism without the hope of realistically trying to improve any on going situations or problems...this is then proof of how valuable (essential) this form is because from my past conversation with korg they do look at this forum to include with any direct bug reporting to assist them in there on going work.

Last edited by D575 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
I think the general consensus across the forum and wider with korg's policy of past, present and future updates which include the evolution of (in this case the PA4X) are seen as very welcome and i think any constructive criticism with a balanced approach is also good and necessary as part of any on going developments with PA4X or related future platforms and of course what is also very helpful and good to see is a organised sensibly approach to reports with any encoutered bugs for the "Sticky V3 bug" section.... what is also important that we distinguish between the constructive work and help from froum members to report any anomalies (bugs) etc in the process to improve and stabilise what we all know is a great product and that we can continue to distinguish between any possible misunderstandings of any on going observations in there given form and not to be considered as criticism without the hope of realistically trying to improve any on going situations or problems...this is then proof of how valuable (essential) this form is because from my past conversation with korg they do look at this forum to include with any direct bug reporting to assist them in there on going work.
+1,
If we have the best pro arranger (Pa4X) now in 2019, is due to Korg company effort/development and
responding to their customers needs as possible and the constructive criticism and professional needs of their customers since 2 decades (i3,i30,Pa80,etc...).

I my self didn't update yet since I gig a lot and have no time unfortunately to test the "Pa4X OS NEXT" but will wait for the stable version.
Just be patient and Korg will fix all reproducible bugs by their engineers and programmers.
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with BR.

I am also waiting for the next release of NEXT, but am very confident that the bugs that people are reporting will get sorted. Maybe slowly, because there seem to be quite a few, but sorted nonetheless.

I previously used Yamaha, and in comparison I have been really impressed with Korg’s approach to continuous OS upgrades, free styles, and the overall level of support. And I think the Korg sounds way better, though this is a matter of personal taste.
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
mf_blues

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only real gripe at the moment is how dark the screen is, it's fine in the evening when it's going dark outside but in the daylight I can barely see the text on the screen.

Other than that I think the guys at korg are doing a great job supporting the 4X and really hope they continue to do so, for a while anyway. Very Happy

I was going to revert back to v2.2 but after a bit of playing around I am quite happy with the new OS and I really do like the convenience of the new record screen, so much quicker to use.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: