Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos with Korg Nanopad2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pad screen is the one displayed by the Korg Kontrol Editor. As suggested, use the Kontrol editor to set the nanoPAD2 pad(s) to a MIDI channel other than 1 or 10, and set the MIDI channel on the intended timbre(s) on the Kronos to match. The nanoPAD2 pads can be configured to toggle mode, so if you want to set a background drone to play, the pad only has to be pressed once to start the drone, and once to turn it off. Very useful in certain situations, since it frees up your hands to play the melody, or whatever.
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pad screen on the Kronos. Since the NanoPad is tied to the Kronos pads, changing the MIDI channel on the pad screen will cause the NanoPad to follow it.

I'm not talking about the editor for the NanoPad. The screen in the Kronos where you play the pads. You can edit that screen right from the Kronos by changing notes, velocity and MIDI channel per pad.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
Mr Gibbs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your help. I think I have an understanding now of what needs to be done. Cool
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, apologies for not seeing that it was the Kronos screen being referred to.

If the top row of pads are assigned in the Kontrol Editor to be in toggle mode, then that is the observed behaviour when the nanoPAD2 is plugged into the Kronos.
mikelees

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gibbs wrote:
Hello All!

I have recently purchased a Kronos and have a nanopad 2. I understand the simple plug and play aspect of the nanopad and I have even used the editor to make some minor adjustments. However, I am still having difficulty getting the nanopad to perform some more specific tasks. Such as.....

Playing in a worship setting warm pad sounds are often a go to. The nanopad seemed to be a good option to trigger these sounds. My issues is that in combination mode I only want the nanopad to trigger the desired chords on the timber set to the pad sound and I want the other sounds (like piano) to be only on the keybed. At the moment my nanopad is triggering all of the sounds which again is undesired. Can someone give me a little guidance with this. Thanks in advance.

This is exactly the same purpose I use nanoPad for. In my setup, the top 8 pads are specific to the Combi, 4 in toggle mode, 4 momentary. The bottom 8 pads are set to give pad drones in 8 different keys in toggle mode. I also use the nanoPad touch pad to control volume and filter of the drone. My nanoPad settings can be downloaded here: http://korgkronosworshipsounds.blogspot.com
robbie50

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Virus! Reply with quote

Sorry, but your "link" got a VIRUS!Shame on you
rob
mikelees

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Virus! Reply with quote

robbie50 wrote:
Sorry, but your "link" got a VIRUS!Shame on you
rob

Nope - completely malware free! Just ran a Sucuri site check to make sure: https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/https/korgkronosworshipsounds.blogspot.com

One other person had a similar issue - I use bitly to count downloads, but unfortunately some anti-virus programs are a bit uber-paranoid and think all bitly links are malware!

If the blogspot site doesn't work, then PM me with an email address, and I'll send you all the files via email.
robbie50

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
Sorry...….

I've send you a PM....

Greetings,

rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: