Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA4X OS Version 2 vs Version 3 NEXT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom04

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: PA4X OS Version 2 vs Version 3 NEXT Reply with quote

Hi,

Last night I had my two keys (V2.2 and V3) side by side again and I checked a few things that are mentioned here and in other forums.

EFFECTS ASSIGN:
In V2.2 you can choose and use both FX channels A and B in the SEQUENCER, the key saves this and works with while playing.
If you look into the manual, the statements are a bit "contradictory", because in the table, the paths A and B are clearly assigned tp certain parts.
FX A --> ACCOMP/STYLE/MIDI
FX B --> KEYB

But the last line of the table says just as well, with the Midis created in the PA4X you can choose both ways.

The following figure shows the basic assignments again, KEYB -> B ACCOMP / MIDI -> A

BUT !!! .... there also is written: Sequencer mode you can freely choose it for each song track.
Assigning works in V3, but it is not saved and it doesn't work while playing

That's a bug and I can understand the trouble if someone has assigned his effects using the FX B in midis and now has to reprogram all his midis.
A bug, because it makes no sense to write in the manual that in " Sequencer mode you can freely choose it for each song track. " if it isn't saved and used.

DRAWBARS:
It is true that percussion parameters were changed and restricted. You can now only choose according to the graphics between Hard / Soft, the fine adjustment of the PercVolume and the PercLength was taken away. Unfortunately again an example that with upgrades or updates not only functions were extended or added or changed, but also existing functions were taken away.
The foot positions over 2 'have also changed, slightly. The 1 'layer has become thinner especially in the upper octaves, at a certain point it is superimposed by the noise anyway. Nevertheless, in V2.2 it sounded longer present.
To what extent this is really significant is a matter of taste, as you can read in many comments on the new V3 DrawbarOrgan. Bug? Rather no.

PAD SYNC:
This is just an effect when you start a Style ASSYNCHRON to a first started PAD (who does that, why?)
In V2.2, STYLE-start retriggers the PAD in the PAD SYNC settings "OFF" and "BEAT".
In V3, the STYLE-start also retriggers the PAD, but only in the PAD SYNC setting "BEAT".
In all factory pads that have OFF as the default setting, this is now noticeable in the situation described above (asynchronous style start). Bug? I think NO, because if a SYNC setting is OFF, then I do not expect something to be retriggered. Then rather a bug in V2. The situation can be controlled and corrected by a proper PAD sync setting (Beat).

PHANTOMPOWER:
I do not need to compare anything, the bug is clear!

Many other reports of crashes, missing sounds, etc. were often due to incorrect update processes, and the handbook-not-read-error was sometimes a fact. I have already done the update procedure several times, back and forth (over 2.0), and can not confirm these problems (for me).
Requirements:
- Organizing the styles and sounds and KbSets so, that the USER memory remain as free as possible, which makes it easier to load other banks (like the New Musical Ressources)
- SAVE ALL as SET
- Empty sample memory before updating
- Import UPDATE
- restart
- FactoryReset
- restart
- LOAD the SET, that was saved with SAVEALL
- RESTART !!!
- Loading the MUSICAL RESOURCES and arranging the new elements so that the USER banks are free again.

Have fun, I have both keys on V3 at the moment and I'm happy.
jeanloop

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For further details :

If a track is assigned to B group AND if an insert effect is assigned to this track in 'Sequencer' mode (even empty, just box ON/OFF of insert effect set to ON) then that track is assigned to B group in 'Song Mode'.

But if other tracks are assigned to B group in 'Sequencer' mode, only that track is assigned to B in 'Song Play' mode.

So it is clearly a bug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: