Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome can load samples and record audio?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hans1966

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Krome can load samples and record audio? Reply with quote

Hi guys. I am interested in buying the Kome EX, but I wanted to know first if I can import samples in wav, kontak, sound font. second is there the possibility of recording songs in audio? (WAV). I know that Kronos does this, but I can not afford the money for the flagship. Thank you in advance for your valuable response.

I choose the Peace of God!
lidserter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krome doesn't handle audio, for native audio operation the Kross 2 is the best option if Kronos is out of reach.
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
hans1966

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lidserter, thank you very much for your response. I want to ask you, how is the sequencer in Kross 2? Is it like in Krome?

hans1966

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lidserter wrote:
Krome doesn't handle audio, for native audio operation the Kross 2 is the best option if Kronos is out of reach.

Hello Lidserter, thank you very much for your response. I want to ask you, how is the sequencer in Kross 2? Is it like in Krome?

prgtrdr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Hans1966: The original version of Krome is able to support custom audio samples for playback. You use a PC or Mac to record them in .WAV or other formats, then use the Kromatic tool to load them onto an SD card, which is read into Krome memory at boot time.

Search this forum for more info about Kromatic, and see if anyone has verified whether it works on the EX yet.
hans1966

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi prgtrdr, that's good news. thank you very much

lidserter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hans1966 wrote:
lidserter wrote:

Krome sequencer is excellent, it's best feature for sure. Kross sequencer is not as easy to visualize and edit as krome, due to display restrictions mostly. I never use it, tried once, but prefer to use a daw and pc for sequencing and recording. On the other hand the onboard audio recorder on Kross let you record instantly your inspiration of the moment, and in that way is quite great for quickly sketching ideas, it even let you overdub. Kross is a workstation performance oriented, quite useful pad sampler, audio player, better custom sounds by means of importing/creating realistic samples, 128 favorites locations that let you recall instantly your sounds (programs and combinations and external gear) with its proper midi program changes ( favourites 1-128 are recalled via midi also using program change 0-127, without need for setting msb or lsb midi bank data); audio input let you use a second keyboard without needing a mixer, or plug a guitar and process it with onboard effects, same for a mic, plus vocoder. Krome fall quite short on this, i like only the housing quality, screen and it's sequencer, also miss the 2 lost knobs (4 knobs on krome, 2 on Kross), heard horrible stories about its keybed and no audio at all.
Concerning wav loading krome isn't directly meant for it, you can use third party software to load up to 32mb of content, Kross handles 128 mb on a dedicated and supported board.
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
hans1966

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lidserter wrote:
hans1966 wrote:
lidserter wrote:

Krome sequencer is excellent, it's best feature for sure. Kross sequencer is not as easy to visualize and edit as krome, due to display restrictions mostly. I never use it, tried once, but prefer to use a daw and pc for sequencing and recording. On the other hand the onboard audio recorder on Kross let you record instantly your inspiration of the moment, and in that way is quite great for quickly sketching ideas, it even let you overdub. Kross is a workstation performance oriented, quite useful pad sampler, audio player, better custom sounds by means of importing/creating realistic samples, 128 favorites locations that let you recall instantly your sounds (programs and combinations and external gear) with its proper midi program changes ( favourites 1-128 are recalled via midi also using program change 0-127, without need for setting msb or lsb midi bank data); audio input let you use a second keyboard without needing a mixer, or plug a guitar and process it with onboard effects, same for a mic, plus vocoder. Krome fall quite short on this, i like only the housing quality, screen and it's sequencer, also miss the 2 lost knobs (4 knobs on krome, 2 on Kross), heard horrible stories about its keybed and no audio at all.
Concerning wav loading krome isn't directly meant for it, you can use third party software to load up to 32mb of content, Kross handles 128 mb on a dedicated and supported board.

Hi Lidserter, thanks again for your detailed response. So from what I see, and by the budget I have, I have no choice but to aim for a Pa700, which roughly handles the same sampling capacity as the Kross 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: