Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome EX compatibility with original Krome - SD Card Upload

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Krome EX compatibility with original Krome - SD Card Upload Reply with quote

I'm using an original Krome in one location and a Krome EX in another.

I had no problem loading User Combinations from the original into the EX.

Is it safe to Load all PCG saved from a Krome EX into a Krome original?
Hobson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: My experience is that files saved on an SD card from the original Krome can be loaded into Krome EX. Once I did that and saved the PGC that had the original Krome patches added, the original Krome not longer recognized the SD card.
Hobson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: My experience is that files saved on an SD card from the original Krome can be loaded into Krome EX. Once I did that and saved the PGC that had the original Krome patches added, the original Krome no longer recognized the SD card.
lidserter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krome ex comes with new multisamples and programs, perhaps stored on a user bank, I consider you would have to be cautious when loading data from an EX pcg into a normal krome. Besides that it should be ok. Don't load programs or combis that use that sound data.
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
Hobson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it turns out, I spoke too soon.

While it is true that the EX will load the Combis from stored pgc files from an original Krome, the EX does not load the correct Programs into the Combis.

As far as I can figure out, for all practical purposes, with the exception I mentioned earlier in this thread, the Krome EX files are incompatible with the original Krome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: