Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adventure Kid Single Waveforms for the Electribe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marimekko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:55 am    Post subject: Adventure Kid Single Waveforms for the Electribe Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

first post here!Laughing Got my electribe a just a few months ago and still enjoying it a lot. Recently, I've stumbled over Adventure Kid's crazy single waveform collection:

https://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/

Does anybody still have the ones that are converted for the electribe? User Mabi did it a few years ago:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=655211

but unfortunately the file isn't available anymore.

Alternatively: I have audition available, but couldn't quite figure out how he achieved converting the samples. So if anybody knows how to do it, I'd also gladly convert them myself.

Cheers! Laughing
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man for the link, I definitely have to explore syngle cicle waveform, I usually just loop super tight a sample.
https://youtu.be/NBCqonuCy0w
In the end he explain how to convert and what to look at it to make sure you convert right.

If you'd like to have a chat and share things about the Electribe drop me a text(I don't know how it works here) I will be happy to don't be alone in this Electribe underground world haha

Peace!
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man for the link, I definitely have to explore syngle cicle waveform, I usually just loop super tight a sample.
https://youtu.be/NBCqonuCy0w
In the end he explain how to convert and what to look at it to make sure you convert right.

If you'd like to have a chat and share things about the Electribe drop me a text(I don't know how it works here) I will be happy to don't be alone in this Electribe underground world haha

Peace!
marimekko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to see there's still others using the E2S Laughing

quoting from his post:

mabi wrote:
AxeBreaker wrote:
I tried doubling an adventure kid waveform at 44.1, and then speeding it up to middle C as reported by audacity. It ended up being C4+5, which I tuned down on the electribe to + .8.

Did you get closer with the Adobe software? Also if you want to host the re-formatted adventure kid files, he'd probably do it for you and give you credit, if other hardware/software is any indication.

What I did in audition was use the stretch and pitch filter, choosing the izotope algorithm, setting the new duration to 367 samples (how I arrived at 367 in my comment above), and checking the box to lock stretch and pitch shift.

Before I did that I converted the sample rate to 48k to match the native sample rate of the electribe.

What you wind up with is the single cycle precisely pitched to C, so no tuning necessary on the electribe.

Since all the adventure kid samples are the same duration, I was able to make a batch process to run that conversion and filter on all of them at once.

I will have to send him a message to see about what you suggest.

I was able to change the sample rate to 48k Hz but unsure about how to set the new duration. Might seem like a bit of a beginner question but: Mabi mentions "367 samples" as a unit, how does that translate to the time units used in Audition?

Here's a screenshot of the filter he's used btw:
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not usually the guy who enjoy new gear and forget about the old, I tend to find gear that fit my workflow or inspire me and I learn a new one.
Electribe (as standalone) and Maschine(as a controller) are my best purchase, I still use maschine mk1(who cares of fancy colour and display haha)

Anyway I'm not sure I never did it but it seem logical to kerp the same lenght since you want the same but just change the sample rates...I will try let me know what happen to you.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried with the MediaHuman Audio Converter and in the Electribe in sample edit I set sample tune +12 I basically have C at 130.6.1 Hz where the Saw of Electribe is 130.8 Hz
Electribe is + 0.00/0.05 c from the "perfect" C and these wave are +2.5/3 c because of the D2+2 tuning. So the only way is to adjust at -2 on the Pitch Knob front panel.
Of course you could all this before and avoid doing on the Electribe, I just don't understand the stretch thing, I mean it becomes shorter buy pitching up but what's the problem if in the end you looped? The enevelope will probably react with different time but I don't see a standard for wave length anyway... it's one cycle so I guess not matter what once it does one cycle you loop it.

Last edited by TheDoctor on Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
marimekko

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried with audition again but couldn't get it to work yet. Tried to message mabi, too but seems like he/she's not very active anymore Laughing

Will keep on working on it and let you know if anything works Very Happy
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mate just convert with the MediaHuman Audio Converter.
Convert to 48khz and Mono
Set the sample tune +12 and when you load the sample rember to pitch -2 and you're in tune!
Of course if you find a "professional" way let me do, but honestly they sound great like this can't see a difference from Ableton...let's have fun! Some granular and "instruments" wave are super cool with chord, they love filter sweep so much!
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you notice, the guy say it tune at D1+2 when in reality is D2+2.
because the wave frequency is around 73.4 Hz which is D2
When you trigger a pad in the Electribe is in C4 at 261.7 Hz, when you go in keyboard the button 3 octave has C3 in the 8th pad and C4 on the 5th pad and of course on the button 4 has C4 on the 8th pad...so you basically have every 8th pad which is the first from bottom just to make it clear is the respective button octave
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://scw.sheetsofsound.com
You can create your own single cycle waveform super easy!
You can also load previous wave and mix it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: