Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

importing all patterns on Electribe2 - problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
edosh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: importing all patterns on Electribe2 - problem Reply with quote

Hi guys,

am not sure if this has already been solved here (did not find) but I would be glad for your help.

The problem is that I accidentally confirm "import all patterns"except for "import pattern"and due to it I lost some of my previous patterns on electribe as they are now rewritten with the old ones.

Normally it works in a way, that I just plug in my electribe and choose for example pattern 245. If Iwanna load some old one (I saved in the past) I just load "import pattern"for example 210. I am still in the pattern 245 and work with 210 and do not write or save anything. then I just choose different pattern and when I go back to 245 - it is still there (not rewritten with the old one).(I sometimes do it like this because of full memory)

but as I accidentally chose "import all patterns" - it rewritted some new patterns (which i did not unluckily save) with old ones and now I cant find them or work with them.

is it restorable ? or the .all file is basically rewritten now and there is nothing I can do?

If you can help with this, would be great. I hope my english is not confusing as am not native speaker.thx
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can restore your custom pattern once you export all patterns it just override the factory .all file.
See the positive side, go creative and make some new...often I learn better things just by doing all the time...you probably have your favourite bassline melody and tweak but if you push yourself everytime to do everything from scratch you become faster and you do better.
I basically override probably 10 pattern, because I'm like do s**t, record in a daw...done! If I have another idea with tha song/pattern composition I can recall from my daw if I want(so not to worry about override things) but I often don't do it because it kill my mood because I work with something already done instead I listen to the bass for example, see what I don't like it and what I do and come up with something better and built my patch also from scratch.
After a while I can set up my "typical" bass just by setting the knob because you gain muscle memory and with every instruments you do it will be different.
See the positive side here is also that you won't be in a situation like this...hope I helped your sad lost
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the Doc said - overwritten and gone.

I recommend not only saving patterns as you go but exporting them singly as well.

After a session of arranging/composing I will place the card in a PC - make a new folder in the card's Pattern folder and drag the *single* pattern to keep in there.

Can always navigate to it later and drag in when needed again.

You can use that method to export the factory sounds as 'presets'.

Copy Part or Copy Part Sound to a pattern then do as decribed above - so I have single patterns containing all the factory Leads, basses, pads.

Then can drag them in if i want to save time and just Copy Part Sound to the Pattern am working on.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should import the samples too isn't?
If you import a pattern and you don't have those factory sounds in your rom it won't sound right?
Please correct me Smile
edosh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

thx a lot for your responses and your support. appreciate that! I have already tried to make some new patterns and it sounds good, almost exactly as those I lost, even better. it is good approach to just not think about it and be creative as there is apparently nothing I can do .

thank you
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you even end up with better pattern Smile
I'm glad we help you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: