Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! Trying to record for a wedding.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prec7ous

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject: Help! Trying to record for a wedding. Reply with quote

Hello,

I was recently asked to play/record a song for my cousin’s wedding and I have no idea how to record on my Triton Le. I have read the manual and watched videos and nothing seems to make sense as I am quite new at the digital side of music. Any information you could provide would be very much appreciated!!

Side question: Would a Korg DS1H Piano Half Damper Sustain Pedal be compatible with my Triton Le?

Thanks so much!
- Candi
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DS1H pedal will be fine for the Triton Le.

Creating a song can be done on the Triton Le itself, or recorded on an external recording device.

Quite a lot can often be learnt from actually doing something, and is the reason why hands on training sessions are very useful. The Triton Le Basic Guide gives a step-by step guide to the song creation process, with an example, starting on page 63 of the guide. If you try following that, and doing it two, three, four times, even if it isn't in the style you were hoping to use for your song, things should start falling into place. There will be those aah, that's how it works moments.

Prec7ous

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I’ll look through it all and see if I can figure it out. I appreciate the comment.

-Candi
wpostma

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2019 I would be recording your song to a DAW [if you use macs, just use garage band to get started].

I would use virtual instruments on your mac or PC, and a USB Cable from your korg. Your korg's internal sounds would not be used in this case, and so you don't even need to buy any audio interface. If you want to record vocals yes, you need an audio interface (like steinberg urk22mkii)

These early 2000 workstations are not a DAW replacement. They can't really record audio tracks. They can sequence midi but if you want vocals, or you want to record high quality piano sounds, just use a DAW with VSTs.

The korg's sounds are fine, I guess, but a bit dated.

W

Warren Canada
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The couple may have divorced by now - the original post is over 2 years old
jaimepirvinoi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this post is from a while ago, but I hope you were able to figure out how to record it for your cousin's wedding! Recording can definitely be confusing at first, but keep at it, and you'll get the hang of it. I have a similar question now.
jaimepirvinoi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaimepirvinoi wrote:
I know this post is from a while ago, but I hope you were able to figure out how to record it for your cousin's wedding! Recording can definitely be confusing at first, but keep at it, and you'll get the hang of it. I have a similar question now.

I'm also not sure if the Korg DS1H Piano Half Damper Sustain Pedal is compatible with the Triton Le.
I'm actually in the midst of planning my own wedding, and I've been looking for ideas on how to make it unique and special. I also discovered Wedding Car Hire in Birmingham, and they have some great options for transportation. But I need some feedback before making the final decision. It's crazy how many little details there are to consider, but it's all worth it in the end.
jaimepirvinoi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the realm of epic space opera, 'Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back' isn't just a movie; it's a cinematic landmark that continues to define the science fiction genre. Directed by Irvin Kershner and released in 1980, this second installment in the original Star Wars trilogy builds upon the foundation laid by its predecessor. The film's iconic characters, groundbreaking visual effects, and the exploration of deeper, darker themes in the Star Wars universe make it a favorite that has stood the test of time. 'The Empire Strikes Back' isn't just a sequel; it's a cultural phenomenon that has left an indelible mark on the world of cinema on soap2day.com.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: