Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pedal / Switches pa 1000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellowsboy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Pedal / Switches pa 1000 Reply with quote

Hello, I was looking to see if I could assign ENSEMBLE to a pedal. I already use one pedal to step through my songbook sets and the other is for damper. I then looked to see if I could use a hand switch button (3 on left side of keyboard ) which is not being used but ENSEMBLE is not in the selection area to use. Ideas please.
Chris60

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

The "Ensemble" function is not accessible via the midi interface. The solution that comes to my mind is the redefinition of the instrument assignable pedal to control "Ensemble" function and use one of the three buttons on the left of the keyboard to manage the progression in the set list.

The major disadvantage for this solution is the necessity to program these buttons for each set chosen and the fonction of the assignable pedal will be "general".

For my usage, I built a block of five pedals switches that allows, through midi controls, to choose an entry in the songbook, switch variations, substitute instruments, and many other functions, which allows me to assign the pitch bend to the assignable pedal, the rest of the functions being managed by the other five pedals ...
Here are the details of this project ... https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hpGDpi-yYZYIzQeji-yWvJZ_HB5de_A9, and a short demo I recorded on my Yamaha PSR with this pedal block : https://youtu.be/MqYV6aOTAlU
Note I'm not a good musician that's why I need these facilities !

Best regards, Christian.
bellowsboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi' thanks for your reply. I have approached Korg and was also told this option was not available. I also asked about the EC5 pedal set but these will only work on the 4X. So will have to train finger to move quicker. Thanks again . Dave
supermaestro_67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: pedal / Switches pa 1000 Reply with quote

I have roland fc 300 footswich pedal. to understand that it does not work with me korg pa 1000? thank you
Chris60

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: pedal / Switches pa 1000 Reply with quote

supermaestro_67 wrote:
I have roland fc 300 footswich pedal. to understand that it does not work with me korg pa 1000? thank you

The two main points to focus on are :

- PA 1000 midi configuration
- Pedal assembly programmation

Once these points will be treated, it must work.

The remaining real problem is : what you want do with these pedal ?

And the final question : "Are the functions you'd like exists by Midi control on the PA 1000 ?"

I'm so sorry for this very short answer, but there are not a lot of details sent in your question !!
supermaestro_67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject: Pedal / Switches pa 1000 Reply with quote

I'm interested in working:roland fc 300>korg pa 1000: intro 123,variation 1234,ending 123,break,volume pedal1,2....what are the compatibility settings? thank you.
Chris60

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I understand what you want to do. I will try to help you.

The first thing to do is configure the midi interface of the PA1000.

The commands you specify must be sent on a channel named "Control" (you can see this in the PA1000 manual page 894).

This channel must be configured on the PA1000.

To do this, on the PA1000 panel, press the "Global" button.
In the screen displayed, choose the "Midi In Chanel" tab.
For "Ch 01, 02, 03, 04" assign "Upper 1, 2, 3 and Lower".
For "Ch 16", assign "Control". This choice determines the "Control" channel on MIDI channel 16. The PA1000 will now execute the commands sent on this channel.

For example, to select Variation 1, it is necessary to send a "Control Change" and then, 83 (in decimal) on this channel. This will be done with the following midi message: 207, 83 (CF, 53 in Hex). The number 207 indicates "Control Change" on channel 16 and 83 the value for Variation 1.

The second thing to do is to program an FC 300 pedal to send this message.
I do not know this block of pedals, but with the documentation it could be easy to do !

Feel free to tell me if you have the result you are looking for and if you need any complement…
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: