Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cancer Warning for Kronos2 61 hard case

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicfrog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject: Cancer Warning for Kronos2 61 hard case Reply with quote

I was about to order a Kronos2 61 with a hard case.

Then I found on this site https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-KOR-HCKRNS261-LIST a California Proposition 65 Warning (Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov ). (Item no longer available).

At retailers in California the case is not available anymore. Korg in Australia is shipping from today the Kronos2 61 with a free hard case.
Korg is dumping the cases in Australia ?

What do you think about this California Proposition 65 Warning (Cancer and Reproductive Harm) for the Hard Case.

How bad/serious is this warning?
Thunder Dump

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Cancer Warning for Kronos2 61 hard case Reply with quote

musicfrog wrote:

Then I found on this site https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-KOR-HCKRNS261-LIST a California Proposition 65 Warning (Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov ). (Item no longer available).

At retailers in California the case is not available anymore. Korg in Australia is shipping from today the Kronos2 61 with a free hard case.

What do you think about this California Proposition 65 Warning (Cancer and Reproductive Harm) for the Hard Case.

California puts that on everything from chewing gum to puppies. Completely ignore it. The cases are perfectly safe everywhere else in the world but CA. There, they blow up.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The air that you breathe probably carries a cancer warning in CA.

Last edited by voip on Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
qqquartzzz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spit my morning coffee reading this. LOL!

California puts that on everything from chewing gum to puppies.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Cancer Warning for Kronos2 61 hard case Reply with quote

Thunder Dump wrote:
musicfrog wrote:

California puts that on everything from chewing gum to puppies. Completely ignore it. The cases are perfectly safe everywhere else in the world but CA. There, they blow up.

Companies big and small fight simple standard testing. If they can't handle it, they get the warning label.

Its a Buyer beware thing- the product is not prohibited, its just required to show the label.

Here's 1 example- a few years ago pets started dying from kidney failure at a young age. The source was pet food- global pet food cos allowed leaded substances into the food - as we know, the kidney cannot process lead.

So yes, the puppy died at an early age. Lead is bad news. And fetanol in the food supply is also bad for humans.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The air that you breathe probably carries a cances warning in CA.

Yes, we like our non polluted air and safe drinking water.

In case you decide to visit CA, you might have to put warning labels on your attire. It won't have any social consequences Wink
Chrutil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Cancer Warning for Kronos2 61 hard case Reply with quote

musicfrog wrote:

Pretty much every establishment in California that serves the public has that warning on the wall. It's always good to be aware of your surroundings, but the existence of this warning is not a reason to worry.
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Download the Korg Kronos AL-1/Polysix Graphical Editor
ITguy54

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Cancer Warning for Kronos2 61 hard case Reply with quote

musicfrog wrote:

Whew!!! Thanks for the info. I was planning on eating my case tonight. You probably saved my life!!!
DJCobbSalad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some background (and a few laughs) if you're interested:

California needs to stop saying everything causes cancer
https://www.popsci.com/california-coffee-cancer-warning
Devnor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT Admin

Topic becoming too insensitive - LOCKED

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: