Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flipmowse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Newbie question Reply with quote

I have installed Legacy Cell as standalone, and have no sound. I realize I probably need to go into "preferences" and make changes, but can someone tell me WHERE to find the preferences?

Apologies for such a simple question, but I would greatly appreciate a kind response.

Thank you.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Before doing anything, ensure that the correct MIDI drivers are installed for whatever is to be used as a MIDI source. This could be a USB MIDI keyboard, or a USB to MIDI DIN interface connected to a MIDI keyboard via 5-pin DIN cables.

2. Before starting Legacy Cell, first plug in the MIDI interface or MIDI keyboard. Now start up Legacy Cell. The software will scan for MIDI devices as it starts up. Once the Legacy Cell user interface has appeared on the screen, click on the System menu at the top left of the Legacy Cell window, which will give a drop down menu item called Preferences. This will open a dialog box with three tabs, Audio Device, MIDI Settings, and Other. First select a valid Audio device. If you have installed an ASIO audio driver, select this for the shortest latency, though other audio drivers will also work, then go to the MIDI tab and set at least one device as a MIDI IN Device. Click on OK. Playing keys on the keyboard should now hopefully result in sound from the selected audio hardware, be it sound card or external USB audio interface.

3. If there is still no sound, click on the Preview button on the user interface, or on the keyboard graphic at the bottom of the user interface. The Preview button is near the bottom right of the blue coloured list of Programs or Patches. If clicking on the Preview button results in no sound, check the audio device settings.

flipmowse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I already have the drivers, and ASIO4ALL etc--have no problem using other standalone digital instruments or plugins in my DAW. But, I do NOT see a system menu anywhere on the Legacy Cell interface...not at the top left, nowhere. That's my stuck point at the moment. I've tried uninstall/reinstall, and nothing. Is there a shortcut to pull it up?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, seems strange. If using Windows, which version? Try doing Alt-s to see if anything changes on the user interface.
flipmowse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange indeed. Did another uninstall from the program's installation menu, but then checked and realized that it wasn't uninstalling everything. Chased down residual bits and manually deleted. Reinstalled, (Win10 64) and now "File" and "System" are clearly visible, I can get to my sound/midi prefs and am good to go.

Thank you for your help and patience!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Legacy Cell has some interesting possibilities.

Have fun.

It might be worth knowing that the Korg KONTROL49 MIDI keyboard has a Legacy Cell "scene" or setting which maps the keyboard controls to the virtual synth's settings rather well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: