Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Backup MS2000 patches before restoring to factory patches?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Virtual Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Automation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: Backup MS2000 patches before restoring to factory patches? Reply with quote

Hi All!

My question is pretty straight forward: I have some nice user patches that I want to backup. I want to restore to factory patches and settings but still be able to upload my user patches if need be. Can anyone recommend the easiest software to do this?

I know there is an app that creates the MS2000 as a VST app in one's daw...but I do not presently need that.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

* Make sure you have a decent USB-MIDI interface
* Switch off the MIDI master clock generation on the MS2K during transfer of programs.
This is needed to make sure that the program dumps are correctly transferred to your pc. Some cheap USB-MIDI devices go nuts when sending files/programs over MIDI and drop bytes, resulting in a corrupt backup.

Options I see:
* Apparently you should be able to use the microKorg editor. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzZnxNw4ymk&t=220s

* You can also try the PCG Tools: http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl/index.html

* Last but not least, get MidiOx or some other program that can record SysEx events and request on the MS2K a data dump. You can dump 1 program at once or all of them at once. The advantage of 1 at once is that you can create separate .syx files per program and audition them back on the MS2K without overwriting the programs in the board. This can be used as verification step for your dump. The disadvantage is that you will need it to do 128 times... When using one big dump, all programs will be overwritten at once. The dump must then be correctly made...

Have fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Virtual Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: