Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG Manager software Amazing !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bad_santa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:

Also you can use the known shortcuts CTRL+C , CTRL+V and CTRL+X (copy, paste,cut)..

Really? Laughing What a surprise ... Is there anyone else on earth who has not used it yet? ))) sorry for the ironie but ...

musiccankill wrote:

5)Separate instances are a no go for most apps..you can copy either individuals, or by pages or by banks...well each page has 8 so no big deal..

I have suggested separate instances not because I put a lot of value on separate instances. I would handle the problem by merging sets, that the source sets can not be opened by drag and drag.
PA Manager allows separate instances, but does not use the memory cache between instances.

musiccankill wrote:

6)It DOES look for duplicate sounds and when you import samples it checks for duplicate samples too....

Yes, It look for available samples if I copy styles, but I mean dublicates for user sounds and user styles. It happens often that different sets has the same styles or user sounds. There is no implemented feature for lookung for dublicate Styles and Sounds.
In other librarian software i would use sorted view ordered by names, and then see the same names and delete dublicates. In PA Manager File View i see only one list sorted by id of one style or sound bank. To find dublicates i have to export reports in exsel, manipulate all bank reports to see it in one view and then find the dublicates style or sound names.
bad_santa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have listed in my statement some important disadvantages AND advantages. Everything I have listed is objective fact. If these things are unproblematic for someone, they can always buy the
software. But to claim such idiotic things, that to verify licenses by starting the software is a standard practice and not the small exception in the current licensing policy of the software manufacturer... Sorry who is here just absurd?

The online connection to start the software IS a big limitation for working by travel. If I am traveling by train or beeing in an area where there is no internet connection I can not use this software. May be in the world of not paranoid pink pony you are always online in the whole world Embarassed
kenantr86

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your phone doesn't have reception, do you go blame your phone? Phone/Samsung (product developers) or do you blame Vodafone (service providers?)

It's 2019! Internet is everywhere! And if you don't have internet wherever you go, tough... tough luck!

bad_santa:
Why can't you just post all in 1 post but have the urge to post multiple times one after another?
If you don't like the software, then don't even comment about it. simple.
Please stop with your stupidity. please. Stop spamming the post with your negativity.

Just leave the thread alone.
Cubase
Reason
bad_santa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am objective, not negative, but see:
kenantr86 wrote:

Don't be clueless chickens just commenting for the sake of commenting.
... don't even comment about it. simple.
Please stop with your stupidity...

Since you can not refute the facts, you are trying to be offending.
What a miserable way ))
You have nothing to say here and must learn to accept other opinions, even if you do not like it.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad_santa wrote:
musiccankill wrote:

Also you can use the known shortcuts CTRL+C , CTRL+V and CTRL+X (copy, paste,cut)..

Really? Laughing What a surprise ... Is there anyone else on earth who has not used it yet? ))) sorry for the ironie but ...

musiccankill wrote:

5)Separate instances are a no go for most apps..you can copy either individuals, or by pages or by banks...well each page has 8 so no big deal..

I have suggested separate instances not because I put a lot of value on separate instances. I would handle the problem by merging sets, that the source sets can not be opened by drag and drag.
PA Manager allows separate instances, but does not use the memory cache between instances.

musiccankill wrote:

6)It DOES look for duplicate sounds and when you import samples it checks for duplicate samples too....

Yes, It look for available samples if I copy styles, but I mean dublicates for user sounds and user styles. It happens often that different sets has the same styles or user sounds. There is no implemented feature for lookung for dublicate Styles and Sounds.
In other librarian software i would use sorted view ordered by names, and then see the same names and delete dublicates. In PA Manager File View i see only one list sorted by id of one style or sound bank. To find dublicates i have to export reports in exsel, manipulate all bank reports to see it in one view and then find the dublicates style or sound names.

You don't want to understand and you write ironies too...
You mentioned a lot of clicks as "difficult" and "time consuming" and wrote nothing about known shortcuts and i replied that these shortcuts DO work and DO save the time needed for all the clicks you described..
Also it DOES check for sounds and doesn't copy them if they already exist.
It does even move the positions of new sounds to the position of the existing sounds.
There is no need to check if style already exists..
If the user doesn't know if the style he/she is copying is already in the set he is using, sorry but it is not the programs/developers fault...
Moreover, pa manager offers multiple instances in case you want to examine what is in a set while working on another...
You can also drag drop source set if you drop it on the Import/Merge button so stop talking badly for something you maybe even don't own and for sure haven't even took the time to learn what it can really do...

@kenantr86:
He even skipped that i wrote about he is not even being able to work with the keyboard while traveling so he has nothing to do with pa manager as there is no preview etc among all the others i wrote here...

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will throw my two cents worth in here, somewhile back we formed a group amongst us here and made a bulk purchase which worked out very well for those who decided Korg PA Manager was a worthwhile purchase.

The method the developer uses for copy protection is pretty common place these days and I cant really see what the gripe is with that.

There is also no transmitting of data between your PC and the Pa4x, it does'nt operate like that. I have found that it cuts down a lot of time on a number of fronts and once you get your head around it Korg PA Manager is in my view worth its cost. As hardware changes or new features and OS's are introduced the Devs at Korg PA Manager have to change things and make things work, why then should'nt they be paid for their time ?

Sure it would have been great if a Pa4x Manager was written by Korg and came on a DVD in the box at no cost, but it did'nt and without Korg PA Manager we would be lesser for it. When you get busy with the Korg Pa4x you soon find that you have one hell of a lot of data all over the place and Korg PA Manager brings this in a easy to see environment and if you make backups you can operate in a safe environment without risk of cocking things up.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject: Pa Manager Reply with quote

kenantr86 wrote:
... If you don't like the software, then don't even comment about it. ... Please stop with your stupidity. Stop spamming the post with your negativity .... Just leave the thread alone ....

Just let it be to prompt somebody to leave the thread alone.
If you like the software comment about it - also if anybody does not like it also comment about it.
Really learn to accept there opinions exist, even if you do not like it.

Here just nothing else but your personal insults are stupid, spamming and just ridiculous, because without relation or useable infos about the threads theme - so overall useless here.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
bad_santa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:

Also it DOES check for sounds and doesn't copy them if they already exist.

did you read what i wrote?

I wrote myself that the only reason to buy this software is because of the sample management, that when copying a style the software checks if the sounds and samples are present. What I meant when you're trying to merge multiple sets of USER sounds (not samples) and styles, e.g. as a whole Banks copy, then you may have in your set several identical duplicate sounds and styles.
The software offers no way to list these duplicates that are present in your set after merging, let alone search and remove them.

If you're trying to refute my very simple claim, why do not you read what I wrote and try to understand which features I mean?

musiccankill wrote:

If the user doesn't know if the style he/she is copying is already in the set he is using, sorry but it is not the programs/developers fault...

This function of removing duplicates does not exist in the software, no matter that someone writes that it is not required by no one man, or he is guilty that in his set several duplicates have appeared.

Have you never heard in your life that there is professional Librarian software that has this useful feature?
musiccankill wrote:

Moreover, pa manager offers multiple instances in case you want to examine what is in a set while working on another...

I never have said the opposite )) I have already wrote, which funktion i would need on multiple instances.

musiccankill wrote:

You can also drag drop source set if you drop it on the Import/Merge button so stop talking badly for something you maybe even don't own and for sure haven't even took the time to learn what it can really do...

Hm ...pretty loud-mouthed from you...)) So I drag n drop a source set on the Import/Merge button, it opens not a SET, but a selection window, where I have to click through the explorer window to select my source Set.
Try IT Now yourself ... and we will see who is talking for something that one not knows. Wink
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really don't know anything and don't even try..
Also you are blaming me for not reading where it is you who doesn't do it.
Please read CAREFULLY my post again..
I DID say (you even quoted it lol) and i will say it again that there are NO duplicate sounds AND samples on what you do copy!!!!!During the copying procedure , it DOES check if the sounds it is about to copy already exist in the set you are copying to (the one on the left side) and doesn't copy them if they already are in there..
No need for a list cause it will never copy a same SOUND (yes i wrote sound earlier if you read again too and not sample)...So please know what you are talking about before you start typing..
We do try to tell you all this time that IT DOES NOT ADD DUPLICATES WHILE COPYING and you keep telling to read your claims etc which is what I and some other members here try to explain for you to understand...

About the instances, you can give them feedback in their support chat but i m pretty sure that it is something that maybe can't be done safely.

And yes , try it for yourself cause i just tried it BEFORE i wrote my previous reply.
When you drop your set on the IMPORT/MERGE button, it DOES open the set selection BUT it shows and has selected AUTOMATICALLY the folder/set you dropped on the button, so just click OK and you are good to go..
Thank me later...

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
bad_santa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
The method the developer uses for copy protection is pretty common place these days and I cant really see what the gripe is with that.

the majority of the current software is steel usable offline, so for many people it could be another reason not to buy this software. It depends on the workflow. It's ok for you, but other could see it as a disadvantage and limitation.
kleant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a owner of PA Manager for some time i want to list my opinion on the software. First at the positives; Korg Pa Manager is "a must" software for the Korg PA Series. It offers a lot of advantages from the keyboard on managing styles, sounds, samples etc. My self i mostly use it to manage SAMPLES since on the keyboard is nearly "impossible" to identify/edit all samples and there is no replace function which on the latest Pa Manager Software is the best addition so far. The user interface is friendly and easy to understand. The costumer service for me has been great. You can save a lot of time by merging and combining sets and sounds as you wish just by using drag and drop and software will take care of it self. I want to keep it simple and say same as above that this software is a MUST for any serious professional Korg PA owner which use the keyboard for gigging and creating new styles or adding additional sounds and samples which change with time.

I don't have any negativity on the software but always there is room for improvements. The price its expensive but since its a private company with no help from Korg than maybe its justified however I think future updates at this price should be free. I don't like as well the verify license on every start-up I think its over-protection at no real benefit. In my opinion Korg should help and support the software to unlock and add additional functions especially regarding protected samples which could be great if it happens. Im waiting for the NEXT OS update with full support for the additional RAM MEMORY.

Keep up the good work Smile
bad_santa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thank you now, not later ))) It is weird, that a drag n drop opens a select window, but the main thing is that it works))
musiccankill wrote:

I DID say (you even quoted it lol) and i will say it again that there are NO duplicate sounds AND samples on what you do copy!!!!!During the copying procedure , it DOES check if the sounds it is about to copy already exist in the set you are copying to (the one on the left side) and doesn't copy them if they already are in there..

As I already sayed, i don't mean the prozess of copying separate styles with apropriate sounds.
Look, If I copy one favorite bank of styles or one bank of sounds to the target Set, then open again the same source set saved under another name (to simulate different sets with the same styles and sound banks) and copy the same bank to the second bank slot, as a result i have a target set with duplicate styles and sounds.

So it can often happens to have duplicate styles and sounds in your target Set. It is a pretty realistic scenario, that you get Sets that contains the same styles or sounds. There is no option to prevent making duplicates in your target set.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad_santa wrote:
i thank you now, not later ))) It is weird, that a drag n drop opens a select window, but the main thing is that it works))
musiccankill wrote:

As I already sayed, i don't mean the prozess of copying separate styles with apropriate sounds.
Look, If I copy one favorite bank of styles or one bank of sounds to the target Set, then open again the same source set saved under another name (to simulate different sets with the same styles and sound banks) and copy the same bank to the second bank slot, as a result i have a target set with duplicate styles and sounds.

So it can often happens to have duplicate styles and sounds in your target Set. It is a pretty realistic scenario, that you get Sets that contains the same styles or sounds. There is no option to prevent making duplicates in your target set.

Glad you got it working..
Well it opens the select window i guess cause you may drop a simple folder containing a lot of sets where your "work folder" is and let you select the set from the list of the set selection..

About the duplicates..
When you are in style manager, you can have duplicate styles but you should already know what is already on your set , there is no point pasting every junk of any set (it is not useful anyway to just copy everything from the same set, and different sets have different styles/perf/kbsets)..You can't have any duplicate sounds though in style manager by copying styles..
When going to sound manager and copy banks of sounds (never talked about that till now), you should again know what sounds are already in your personal set and so as a logical move you wouldn't copy them again anyway...
There is no real reason to just copy paste pages with the same sounds your set already has other than just testing if the program will allow it..If this was a feature , this could be a bug , but the automation for duplicate sounds etc stops at style manager (i m not 100% sure if performance/keyboard set manager does check for duplicate sounds/multisamples/samples too but i think it does)..
Seems very logical to me that what you selected to copy (for example styles or keyboard sets) should be new to the set , cause you should know what is in your set but you don't know every single sound these resources you are about to copy so pa manager takes care of that to save you space...
If pa manager wasn't out there i would have started writing on my own cause it has saved me from toooooo much work through the years..Especially v3 now is so powerful that it doesn't really miss something.It has saved me space even from some commercial sets which were made on keyboard and had a lot of duplicate samples and even fixed some unreferences ones in there...

bad_santa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:

Well it opens the select window i guess cause you may drop a simple folder containing a lot of sets where your "work folder" is and let you select the set from the list of the set selection..

Glad too, your example for drag n drop works. This folder select window, where one have to scroll down, to find the Set, that one dropped .. weird, but finally, if it works after I push "OK" it is not a big problem. But what i have written in my first post, you can not drag n drop between source and target Sets. Copy/Paste hotkeys workaround is not helpfull enough, becouse you use mouse for styles/sound selection it would be faster to drop your marked styles. That was my point.

About the duplicates..

If in your practice there is only Sets form different provider with no duplicates, it is wonderfull .. but the reality is different.

If downloading a good Set from one provider, then get another Set from other place, which often contain the same styles, because people sharing your sets very often prefer the same styles/sounds.)) Then if you try to make your own Set and merge styles by copying banks or single sounds from different pages or banks your Set has duplicates. Very common scenario.
Now the good librarian software would give me the possibility to find the duplicates automaticly or to have views of all banks in my Set sorted by name, so i could see similar names and delete duplicates. The PA Manager have no feature for automaticly finding this duplicates and giving no views sorted by names There is a long way to make reports, export in excel, find duplicates in excel and the delete them on your instrument or in PA Manager. That was my point.

You written a lot but sorry..
musiccankill wrote:

you can have duplicate styles but you should already know what is already on your set...
there is no point pasting every junk of any set ....
different sets have different styles/perf/kbsets)....

These arguments are ridiculous ..
musiccankill wrote:

You can't have any duplicate sounds though in style manager by copying styles..

But very well by copying sounds in sound manager. As i already sayed many times bevor..

musiccankill wrote:

No need for a list cause it will never copy a same SOUND (yes i wrote sound earlier if you read again too and not sample)...So please know what you are talking about before you start typing..
We do try to tell you all this time that IT DOES NOT ADD DUPLICATES WHILE COPYING and you keep telling to read your claims etc which is what I and some other members here try to explain for you to understand...

No need for stupid repeating the arguments, that affect only your naive assumptions, that different sets from different provider have no duplicates.
It would be more appropriate to write, that maybe in your workflow you have no need for searching for duplicates, but it does not change the fact that people sharing sets with duplicates and PA Manager give no help in this regard.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad_santa wrote:
musiccankill wrote:

Glad too, your example for drag n drop works. This folder select window, where one have to scroll down, to find the Set, that one dropped .. weird, but finally, if it works after I push "OK" it is not a big problem. But what i have written in my first post, you can not drag n drop between source and target Sets. Copy/Paste hotkeys workaround is not helpfull enough, becouse you use mouse for styles/sound selection it would be faster to drop your marked styles. That was my point.

About the duplicates..

If in your practice there is only Sets form different provider with no duplicates, it is wonderfull .. but the reality is different.

If downloading a good Set from one provider, then get another Set from other place, which often contain the same styles, because people sharing your sets very often prefer the same styles/sounds.)) Then if you try to make your own Set and merge styles by copying banks or single sounds from different pages or banks your Set has duplicates. Very common scenario.
Now the good librarian software would give me the possibility to find the duplicates automaticly or to have views of all banks in my Set sorted by name, so i could see similar names and delete duplicates. The PA Manager have no feature for automaticly finding this duplicates and giving no views sorted by names There is a long way to make reports, export in excel, find duplicates in excel and the delete them on your instrument or in PA Manager. That was my point.

You written a lot but sorry..
musiccankill wrote:

you can have duplicate styles but you should already know what is already on your set...
there is no point pasting every junk of any set ....
different sets have different styles/perf/kbsets)....

These arguments are ridiculous ..
musiccankill wrote:

You can't have any duplicate sounds though in style manager by copying styles..

But very well by copying sounds in sound manager. As i already sayed many times bevor..

musiccankill wrote:

No need for stupid repeating the arguments, that affect only your naive assumptions, that different sets from different provider have no duplicates.
It would be more appropriate to write, that maybe in your workflow you have no need for searching for duplicates, but it does not change the fact that people sharing sets with duplicates and PA Manager give no help in this regard.

Why do you keep adding words to what i am writing?
Where did i wrote that the sets had no duplicates in my example?
I just said that YOU should KNOW what is already in your set when you copy styles/sounds/performs/etc in its manager (style manager for styles,sound manager for sounds ,etc)..
In style manager , when the user copies a style that already exists , it is the users fault that the style already exists not the programs fault.It may not even be a fault cause the user may be doing pagelists where you wanted the same style in more than 1 pages to reach it fast when on a live situation (yes some people don't use the songbook)..The programs fault would be if it copied the style sounds and/or samples/multisamples for a second time when the user copied that duplicate styles.
Same in sound manager, when the user copies a sound that already exists , there is no way the program can decide if the user really wanted to copy it again or not.Maybe the user wanted to rename it to something else after copy to remind him of a song to play or to change a single parameter or whatever..But it would be the programs fault if it copied again what is under the sound (same samples/multisamples)..
As you said, don't make it generic because it doesn't fit to your workflow..
I never wrote anything about personal workflow or that the 2 sets had no duplicates...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: