Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA700 - Am I Missing Something?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Korg PA700 - Am I Missing Something? Reply with quote

Greetings, everyone Smile

I have a PA700 and have since the end of September 2017. I LOVE this thing and it is my favorite keyboard, right along with my Ensoniq VFX-SD.

Anyway, when I record MP3s on the unit, what I do is record my solos over a pre-done MP3 sound-bed that I created in my studio using lots of other gear. I copy the sound-bed over to the PA700 and go into the MP3 Record Mode.

While I am in the record mode playing my solos and creating a new MP3 with the combined data from the original MP3 and my live soloing, I know that I can switch between the 4 STS settings for the different sounds I want to use while soloing.

The problem is that I cannot turn on/off individual sounds in my STS settings because the MP3 Recording screen is in the way and it will not allow me to 'open another window' to the STS itself to turn individual parts on/off.

Is there a way to do it, or am I at the mercy of the STS settings as they are when I initially call up the STS to begin with? I am thinking the answer is 'No' and if so, maybe Korg could add this to a future update...

I welcome any suggestions/comments on my query.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may come in a future update, I think in the Pa4x next update you can do this from the videos I've seen.
ANDRZEJP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just press the exit button during recording - recording will continue...
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the replies Smile

I tested your suggestion, hitting Exit in MP3 record mode, and it does work. I will now try to turn on/off voices in the keyboard set while recording and see if that works too.

If you hit the MP3 record button while it is recording, after you exited the screen when it is recording, the recording screen will reappear so you can stop the current recording session.

I am glad that Korg put something in the OS to allow for that.

I know a lot of people use the STS sets to play different sounds within any given song. I use it a bit differently, as I often do medleys of songs during a performance and use the STS to have different instruments based on the current song being played. Theoretically, I could play more than 4 songs within the current style; just switch the sounds via STS and change tempo, and you are playing a new song using the same style as the last song Smile

Another thing that would be neat is if the Pad settings were based on the STS selected and not the style. That would add more functionality to the keyboard as well.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: