Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you " rate " Kronos forum [ scale of 10] ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9+

It's simply the best music forum I have ever met, with the best moderation team I know, led by Sharp.

The only thing I don't like is the order in the overall view of sub-forums. I think the Kronos forums is the most important forum BY FAR, and should sit right on top of the list after the news section. And I would change the order for other subforums as well. But that's a matter of preference and taste, and Sharp has the right to do it however he likes.
janrhansen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All together .. I'll give it an 8+
Pure info and people its a 10.
The lower rating is because its major slow at times especially when posting so you sometimes double post because you think the site didn't respond to the submit button
decreebass

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/10 - utterly abysmal, but (only) occasionally helpful.

Most questions hang in limbo for months or years and the forum itself is 20+ year old tech (visit the Fractal Audio forum or TGP to see how a modern forum should look and operate).

This place is a last resort.

I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but a brand as big as Korg out to have a modern forum and thriving community; not this ancient phpBB2 and a haphazard group of users. At least the FB group is somewhat more active, but overall, I'm quite disappointed in everything surrounding my Kronos purchases.

Again; not trying to be negative or hurtful, but I can't be the only one who has actual modern and thriving communities to compare this one to, right?
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

decreebass wrote:
visit the Fractal Audio forum or TGP to see how a modern forum should look and operate

So you prefer forums that don't even adjust the text to the width of the browser or are covered in adverts!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobTheDog wrote:
decreebass wrote:
visit the Fractal Audio forum or TGP to see how a modern forum should look and operate

So you prefer forums that don't even adjust the text to the width of the browser or are covered in adverts!

I see the ' open text ' post and NO ADS to be a large positive of this forum.

On Facebook, the textbook can handle 3 or 4 sentences , then it gets suppressed. Sure , one can do attachments. And the Ad assault is ridiculous.
For sure, FB has some strengths.
decreebass

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobTheDog wrote:
decreebass wrote:

I have never experienced ANY of that with that forum. It adjusts perfectly to my browser and I've never seen a single ad.

I'm not sure where to go with this discussion other than, from my experience, all of you guys seem pretty cool, but the forum is largely dead and dated. I can only figure there's a huge Kronos community somewhere that I haven't discovered yet; because it ain't here, and even the FB, while somewhat active, is still pretty sparsely populated.

Or, you know, maybe Kronos users are too busy playing to spend all day on a forum Smile Still though, this place could use a modernizing facelift, I think.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

decreebass wrote:
[q

I'm not sure where to go with this discussion other than, from my experience, all of you guys seem pretty cool, but the forum is largely dead and dated. I can only figure there's a huge Kronos community somewhere that I haven't discovered yet; because it ain't here, and even the FB, while somewhat active, is still pretty sparsely populated.

sorry this forum has not worked out for you [ based on your '1' etc. etc etc].

Good luck finding something more satisfactory.
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

decreebass wrote:
1/10 - utterly abysmal, but (only) occasionally helpful.
Again; not trying to be negative or hurtful, but I can't be the only one who has actual modern and thriving communities to compare this one to, right?

Nope, these are pretty much the points I mentioned in my post. I just wasn't quite so harsh in the rating. There are still good people here, and the place is not full of spam and arguments. That's worth something. And I think a lot of questions get answered even if yours didn't.

I just think it could be more if Korg would invest in both the community and the Kronos a bit.

- modernize the software. Discourse is light years ahead of phpBB
- have some Korg staff pay attention to the place, even if it's just a couple hours a week, and actually interact with the community
- drop some Kronos firmware updates occasionally. They don't have to be huge like a whole new synth engine. Even little enhancements can spark discussion and create buzz

So I'm still at 8/10. Good forum, but there is missed opportunity, IMO, that would ultimately increase Kronos sales.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightbringer wrote:
[

1]I just think it could be more if Korg would invest in both the community and the Kronos a bit.

- modernize the software. Discourse is light years ahead of phpBB
- have some Korg staff pay attention to the place, even if it's just a couple hours a week
- drop some Kronos firmware updates occasionally. They don't have to be huge like a whole new synth engine. Even little enhancements can spark discussion and create buzz

So I'm still at 8/10. Good forum, but there is missed opportunity, IMO, that would ultimately increase Kronos sales.

all that makes total sense of what Korg " Should " do. About half of my posts
in prior years are along the line of what Korg " should " do.

But , after some years, I decided to not wish for what will never happen. Looking at recent Korg new products, I sense the priority is just that type of synth, etc. And I am satisfied with what we have with Kronos.

I accept there are other non-Korg solutions to fit my music requirements.
And thats my plan for 2019.
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you're right, GregC, and I'm not expecting anything to change. It looks like missed opportunity to me, but I'm sure Korg is doing what they think works for their bottom line.

Looking at the forum header, whatever that is does not even include having a centrally sponsored forum. It would appear that we should just say thank you to Irish Acts and Korg USA, and be thankful this place exists at all.

So, thank you Irish Acts, and Korg USA, for providing this place!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: