Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! Kronos 2 note keep sounding!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthDiegous

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Help! Kronos 2 note keep sounding! Reply with quote

Hi, how are you? I have published this question before in groups and other forums but I have not obtained a certain answer. And I still have not found the way back to this problem that haunts me long ago. Maybe you know where to attack this problem.

I have a Kronos 2 88, I usually rehearse with my band in setlist mode, where I have located all the programs and combinations (with splits and custom layers) to change with a switch pedal.

The problem is this: out of nowhere, a key remains pressed, not physical, but a note is played. Change of sound with the pedal and it keep sounding by the SST, again change and cut, but perhaps that next sound does not, but the next one does it again.

The strange thing is that maybe I change the setlist for another song and it does not. And I open another and again yes. And each time it does it is always the same note in that session.

For example, yesterday rehearsing, the first 2 setlist did not bring problems. Then the C3 started to sound, and that note was always there. Change sound and maybe setlist, but that C3 is the one that is sounding. If I restart, sometimes it does not do it anymore. Sometimes yes.

I had the original version of the OS. This morning I updated it at 3.1.3 and it continues doing so. But it's a B5 that's still playing. Today is always the B5, not the C3. And maybe tomorrow is any other note. In each power on it is always the same note, but in different power on it is never the same.

It's driving me crazy! Any help is welcome!!

Thanks!

Diego.

Korg Kronos 2 Sad
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a real problem, but we need the full picture on your gear.

Pedals ? all

other midi equipment used ?

what is connected via USB ?

any pattern on when it happens ? complex combis ? your pedal work ?
DarthDiegous

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!! It's a crazy thing!!!

Exactly, pedals all. DS-1H Damper, XVP-20 Expression, PS-1 Switch. The new one is Expression Pedal, but the problem is much earlier.

In a time, I have connected the midi stick for an Alesis Vortex Wireless. Thinking could be that, I unplugged it. But, no.
Recently someone help me with the mute mode, I set it to LIVE, it seems to been well but a couple of power on later, again!.

That's the question. I have no encountered a pattern for this. I don't know what line to follow to try solve it.

I have some complex combi, I think. But, once the note keep sounding, it does even in a setlist program, not only combi.

GregC wrote:

Pedals ? all

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDiegous wrote:
Yes!! It's a crazy thing!!!

Exactly, pedals all. DS-1H Damper, XVP-20 Expression, PS-1 Switch. The new one is Expression Pedal, but the problem is much earlier.

In a time, I have connected the midi stick for an Alesis Vortex Wireless. Thinking could be that, I unplugged it. But, no.
Recently someone help me with the mute mode, I set it to LIVE, it seems to been well but a couple of power on later, again!.

That's the question. I have no encountered a pattern for this. I don't know what line to follow to try solve it.

I have some complex combi, I think. But, once the note keep sounding, it does even in a setlist program, not only combi.

GregC wrote:

Pedals ? all

yeah, you have to 'narrow ' your trouble shooting by removing devices, even pedals , to duplicate the problem

my guess is its a midi problem. stuck notes are typical of midi over load.

Take your complex combi, and go to the ' midi filter ' tabs. For example, if you have sustain check boxed for all programs in your complex combi.

For example, you need sustain for your pianos but not for organs. Its easy to flood midi AND polyphony by sustaining every program used in your complex combi. Same with drums and bass.

I would also narrow your keyboard zones for programs. You don't need - C1 for the starting note of every programs. I assume you know about the key # layout.
This will help the ' reserve polyphony ' feature Kronos.

IMO, I don't automatically assume its a serious hardware problem or flakey OS.

The above midi and polyphony management might eliminate the cause
mikelees

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree - stuck notes are a classic midi issue.
The COMPARE button acts like a midi panic button, and usually stops all sounding notes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: