Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FM Tines - The Kronos Equivalent
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mieszkothomas

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: FM Tines - The Kronos Equivalent Reply with quote

FM Tines
This is in response to brendanh’s post " Has anyone sampled UVI Workstation patches for Kronos ?"

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=118421 , and thought to create a new post.

If ‘m understanding you correctly you are looking for the equivalent of FM Tines for the Kronos
Some love the DX7 FM Times and its variants other hate it, I personally love it but used very sparingly
I think one must have a bit of background of what FM tines consists of and also what Kronos overs…. I might get crucified here hehehehe
FM Tines (includes from what I’ve gathered): E-Piano and it variants
DX7, DX7iiD, SY99, TX816, Roland JD800 (Crystal), Roland MK20, Korg 01w dyno, FM Roads (this has a different character and structure than Fender Rhodes or EP1 which offered in Kronos), CP70, Grand piano, and I guess I few others I might have missed.
This quite a tall order if you are looking to get all in one package however there are quite a number of libraries to look at which covers a wide range of what FM Tines offers, the guys here have done a tremendous job of it.

To list what I have/came across that will add to one’s collection for FM EP’s:
Purgatory Creek - EXs157 MKS-EP
Purgatory Creek - EXs156 DMP- EP
Purgatory Creek - TX-816 EP’s
KApro Most Wanted - KRS 70
KARO FM - KRS-57
Kid Nepro – MOD7 & EP1
Kid Nepro - Sonix Bliss
Qui Roinez - QR Harmony Keys
Gino Quiñones - Platinium EP Dynos Pack GQ
Gino Quiñones - Dyno EPiano VPMGq 1
Enigmahaks(Dave) created some amazing sound libraries for the Kronos too

MOD7.
I think is has been discussed many a time on the forum….. MOD7’s vast capability that exceeds almost anything out there, trouble is getting what your preference is.
Everyone will tell you there are thousands of dx patched for you to import and customise to your hearts content… I agree and it will take a bit of work on your part, and you just might surprise yourself getting into it.

From what I experienced and someone might correct me if I’m wrong, MOD7 imports only the original dx7… the mark 1 if I can call it that, I think many times when people get to think of DX7 Tines EP’s ….what they actually hear from ballads or the Disney DX Ep’s etc I found is more DX7iiD, SY99 and TX-816 EP’s.
The nice thing if you have all the sound libraries above, you then can mix and match and create endless possibilities.

Not to forget the FM EP sounds already included in Kronos

With regards to sampling and copyright there are lots to be weary of, that’s a topic that’s been raised many times here as well.

Jamal Hartwell put in a tremendous amount of work into getting his FM Tines as beautiful and luscious as it is, not every man’s cup of tea.

Well I’m sure we will get some valuable contributions from the Forum, ideas and sugeestions.

Good stuff
Smile
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the time to create this list of EPs available for the Kronos. It may help any future Kronos users in their search.
RichChord

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psionic311 wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to create this list of EPs available for the Kronos. It may help any future Kronos users in their search.

I was looking for a list just like this one.

Thanks guys!

Already loaded and love mr. Busch's excellent TX-816 sounds from that list.
I might delve into MOD-7 myself some more and import/edit dx ep's to feel more dynamic. But for now this bank will do rather nicely! Smile

p.s. just realized this is my first ever post on the forum, and registered 11 years ago... Shocked So.. hi all Smile
Tools: Korg Kronos 61(for live) Korg Kronos 2 61(home studio) Korg 01/Wfd (x2), Korg TR Rack, Yamaha MoDX7, Yamaha SY99, Modal Electronics Cobalt 8x, Roland XV-5080, Roland JD-990, Roland A90, Akai MPC X, PC with Ableton Live 11 and all kinds of VST's
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichChord wrote:
[

p.s. just realized this is my first ever post on the forum, and registered 11 years ago... Shocked So.. hi all Smile

Hi back. Thats impressive !

Just be careful. One day you might realize you have been here 12 years and have 7400 posts Wink
RichChord

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
RichChord wrote:
[

Hi back. Thats impressive !

Just be careful. One day you might realize you have been here 12 years and have 7400 posts Wink

Laughing
Tools: Korg Kronos 61(for live) Korg Kronos 2 61(home studio) Korg 01/Wfd (x2), Korg TR Rack, Yamaha MoDX7, Yamaha SY99, Modal Electronics Cobalt 8x, Roland XV-5080, Roland JD-990, Roland A90, Akai MPC X, PC with Ableton Live 11 and all kinds of VST's
mieszkothomas

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: FM Tines - The Kronos Equivalent Reply with quote

Hi

Synth Cloud also offers DX SYNTH PACK (DX7 DX1 DX5) SOUND BANK with 640 original presets,

https://www.synthonia.com/marketplace/korg-kronos-dx-pack-detail

just to add to the List, think there should be quite a few other out there

hope to see them rolling in
Smile
brendanh

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say that I would recommend the Synth Cloud DX Pack or maybe I am not using it correctly.
It seems to just be the DX7 Sysex files put in to 2 Banks of the Kronos Preload from what you could find for free already and at a $30 cost (at least for me)

I'm sure the DX_Patches folder that you can get online for free has hundreds more presets and even includes the TX series as well as DX1, DX7, DX7II and DX5.

Can anyone else comment on this who has more knowledge and experience ?

I feel as if I have lost $30 and not gained anything that I already did not have.. Sad
SLR

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Well, I unashamedly LOVE all these syrupy DX Rhodes sounds. I scoured the net regularly for more, but in truth I went about this all the wrong way.
I have most of the banks listed, and ‘most’ of them are brilliant. The problem is, keyboards like the MODX and Motif already have them, and if you can’t find the one you want, you can just download it from Soundmondo, or purchase ‘Rhodes Affair’, or the various banks from VG Soundtrack guy and Gospel Musicians. I sold my MOXF8 before I really discovered these guys and I’m sure if I had found them earlier, I would still have it.

I’ve been tempted many times to trade my Kronos for the MODX8 but I know it will be to my regret, as the Kronos already has all the tools at my disposal to create any sound I want. It just takes a little learning. Jamal and VG Soundtrack Guy are just 2 examples of those who got on and ‘learned’ 😊

I use Purgatory Creek ( MKS-EP, TX-816) and Gino Quiñones (Platinum Dyno EP) the most. Superb sound sets. If you use them in combination with some MOD7 DX sounds, the results can be stunning.

Another good collection (although not completely dedicated to, but does contain some beautiful DX type EP sounds) is LDX88 Producer Evolution 2 from Synthonia.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had found, some years ago 31 Volumes of DX 7 and TX sounds banks (each sound in syx format) (which can be easily loaded in the Kronos). Are they still on the net ?

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
Stoffel

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down on my page as DX7 SysEx.

http://www.stoffelshome.de/kronos/samples.html
VGSoundtrackGuy

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLR wrote:
Wow. Well, I unashamedly LOVE all these syrupy DX Rhodes sounds. I scoured the net regularly for more, but in truth I went about this all the wrong way.
I have most of the banks listed, and ‘most’ of them are brilliant. The problem is, keyboards like the MODX and Motif already have them, and if you can’t find the one you want, you can just download it from Soundmondo, or purchase ‘Rhodes Affair’, or the various banks from VG Soundtrack guy and Gospel Musicians. I sold my MOXF8 before I really discovered these guys and I’m sure if I had found them earlier, I would still have it.

I’ve been tempted many times to trade my Kronos for the MODX8 but I know it will be to my regret, as the Kronos already has all the tools at my disposal to create any sound I want. It just takes a little learning. Jamal and VG Soundtrack Guy are just 2 examples of those who got on and ‘learned’ 😊

I use Purgatory Creek ( MKS-EP, TX-816) and Gino Quiñones (Platinum Dyno EP) the most. Superb sound sets. If you use them in combination with some MOD7 DX sounds, the results can be stunning.

Another good collection (although not completely dedicated to, but does contain some beautiful DX type EP sounds) is LDX88 Producer Evolution 2 from Synthonia.

Haven't been on these forums on a looong time but thanks for the mention. We haven't done anything for the Kronos specifically since our MKS-20 library (iKS20) way back in the day.

But we suppose if there is a market for it, perhaps we need to do some more....
SLR

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're very welcome, and yes I believe there's a market

I use your sounds on BS-16i for iPad, and your Crystal Rhodes patch on my Roland XV. Your work is where the sounds are at for me, and I would LOVE them on my Kronos.

I'm also really enjoying your demo's for EP Heaven !! Keep up the good work Very Happy
brendanh

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I've opened up a discussion that wants to be had again, I guess Very Happy Thanks to everyone above for your suggestions. Haven't had an opportunity to individually respond.

VGSoundtrackGuy I Would also love to see a Kronos pack of these DX/ Dyno Rhodes sounds. I would definitely purchase it, as am sure SLR would too.
VGSoundtrackGuy

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLR wrote:
You're very welcome, and yes I believe there's a market

I use your sounds on BS-16i for iPad, and your Crystal Rhodes patch on my Roland XV. Your work is where the sounds are at for me, and I would LOVE them on my Kronos.

I'm also really enjoying your demo's for EP Heaven !! Keep up the good work Very Happy

brendanh wrote:
I'm glad I've opened up a discussion that wants to be had again, I guess Very Happy Thanks to everyone above for your suggestions. Haven't had an opportunity to individually respond.

VGSoundtrackGuy I Would also love to see a Kronos pack of these DX/ Dyno Rhodes sounds. I would definitely purchase it, as am sure SLR would too.

Well then I guess it's time to get to work! Smile
SLR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brendanh wrote:

I would indeed, but being the impatient sort, I’ve taken the plunge on a Yamaha MODX8. VGSountrackGuy’s stuff, and Audiolounge Urs Wiesendanger’s Rhodes Affair proved too much of a lure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: