Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording my electric guitar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KittyM444

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Recording my electric guitar Reply with quote

I am trying to record my electric guitar through my Korg Kronos 88. I have it routed to input 1 and have adjusted the audio input to IFX1 which is set to chorus. It sounds great while I'm playing with the selected drum track but when I listen to the recording the guitar sounds muffled and muted. What am I doing wrong????
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Recording my electric guitar Reply with quote

KittyM444 wrote:
I am trying to record my electric guitar through my Korg Kronos 88. I have it routed to input 1 and have adjusted the audio input to IFX1 which is set to chorus. It sounds great while I'm playing with the selected drum track but when I listen to the recording the guitar sounds muffled and muted. What am I doing wrong????

recorded to.....? Played the recording on .... ?

what about the output quality to headphones ?
chris

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same problem while recording the DSI Tempest.
The analog signal sounded great while playing but the recorded audio on the Kronos appears to sound far less deep and fat.
Would be interesting to hear the opinions about the cause of this here.
Gunnar

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the routing set up?

My guess would be that the audio track is recording dry, while you are listening to Input 1 + IFX while playing. To bring the same effect to the recorded audio, route the audio track into that same IFX, so that record routing and playback routing is the same.

If you want to record with effect printed to the audio track, I think (Kronos is not turned on and I don't do this all that often) you do this by routing the Input 1 just to an IFX (no record bus), then route that IFX to a record bus, and then record audio from that record bus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: