Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EMX1 not working - display lit after reassembly

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pitchblender

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject: EMX1 not working - display lit after reassembly Reply with quote

Hello all

I've spent ages trying to resolve this issue, including forum searches but am stuck...

I recoated a mate's EMX1 pad contacts but on reassembly I was testing the thing at every step (it worked well but I wanted to make sure it stayed that way so I didn't have to unscrew dozens of screws again). I noticed during this process that one of the ribbon/wire connectors wasn't in fully so I made sure it was and kept on reassembling and testing... and next powerup all I got was the display LEDs coming on and no function whatsoever. Did I blow the fuse? I found this Korg bulletin stating that it was too low a current and the 1.5A should be better.

http://dealers.korgusa.com/svcfiles/KSB77.htm

Can anyone confirm this? I've never micro soldered in my life but might try this with a 1mm tip and replacement SMD fuse. Would it be a K instead of a G? Are resettable fuses available so save hassle if it happens again?

Any info much appreciated.

Cheers

Fred
Jiggins

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with that. It sounds like that's what has happened, blown fuse. I think you have done well finding that information from Korg describing how to replace the fuse, normally manufacturers will tell you to send it to a technician
sl23

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just happened to me too! I think it was caused by me handling it incorrectly when switching it on. I sort of accidentally switched on then off then on again, which brought the scream of NOOOOO!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Travelinni

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sl23 wrote:
This just happened to me too! I think it was caused by me handling it incorrectly when switching it on. I sort of accidentally switched on then off then on again, which brought the scream of NOOOOO!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

ffs sorry to hear that , the only problem i had with my emx-1 was the encoder knob jitter and found the solution in this forum to open it and clean it because apparently korg puts too much solution in it or something.

sorry to hear your emx-1 screen's dead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: