Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adjusting Volumes in Sequencer after Recording

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul B

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:17 am    Post subject: Adjusting Volumes in Sequencer after Recording Reply with quote

Hi All

I have found getting the balances right between instruments when recording in the sequencer tricky. So is it possible to re-adjust the volumes of sounds after they have been recorded? Then save the adjusted settings? Or can this only be done at time of recording?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can adjust after recording. Just load your song file and while its playing in sequencer mode any volume adjustments you make with the faders can be saved using the dropdown menu. Probably best to save it as a new name in case you muck it up.
This procedure works for global volume of the track. If you want volume to vary more than once during the song its a bit trickier but can be achieved via event event menu.
Paul B

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Reuben.
Spolsky

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Reuben,
I tested it too and it works in my Pa700 as well.

But I have not understood where the sequencer saves the volume controllers of each track.
If I open the event editor of the single track, there is no evidence of the CTRL7 settings at the measure 1 in any track.

Do you have any idea how to edit those volumes at the beginning of the song in each track in the event edit or anywhere else?
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reasons unknown, Korg seem to hide the initial volume Ctl 7 event for each track but you can insert your own volume control event and it will appear and work. In Event Edit if you touch the screen you activate the input mode.

Normally just adjusting the volume on the front page will save save changes to volumes for each track once you use the dropdown menu to save it. It the midi has multiple volume events then you will need to look for them in Event Edit and delete them. They are easier to find if you use the Filter Tab.

I have also noticed that muting, panning and mix settings on the Korg do not necessarily work on other midi player/sequencers. I suspect it has something do do with the ability on the Korg to actively mix FX, panning, etc on the fly while in Song mode in the Mixer/Tuning menu.
Spolsky

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Reuben, I understand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: