Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much audio can the kronos 1 play back?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
diddlydan

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject: How much audio can the kronos 1 play back? Reply with quote

Hi there,

Im considering the kronos v1 to sequence some hardware synths and play back audio for live performence.Ill be using the sounds on the kronos too of course.Im just wondering how much audio can be played back.It will mostly be the occasional sound effect or audio loop,but im also planning to play back some audio of software synths i cant recreate on any hardware.Will the kronos be able to handle this?Whats the limit?I presume the audio is stored on the internal drive or external usb etc and is loaded into the kronos sample memory?If the limit is say 150mb,is this reloaded each time I load up a new song?So once i stay within the limit on a song by song basis,i should be fine?Also if i add more ram to the kronos will this increase the amount of audio i can import for each song?

Cheers
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: How much audio can the kronos 1 play back? Reply with quote

diddlydan wrote:
Hi there,

Im considering the kronos v1 to sequence some hardware synths and play back audio for live performence.Ill be using the sounds on the kronos too of course.Im just wondering how much audio can be played back.It will mostly be the occasional sound effect or audio loop,but im also planning to play back some audio of software synths i cant recreate on any hardware.Will the kronos be able to handle this?Whats the limit?I presume the audio is stored on the internal drive or external usb etc and is loaded into the kronos sample memory?If the limit is say 150mb,is this reloaded each time I load up a new song?So once i stay within the limit on a song by song basis,i should be fine?Also if i add more ram to the kronos will this increase the amount of audio i can import for each song?

Cheers

your audio files will be on SSD so they will stream from there. So RAM is not gong to limit you. You won't stream from USB.

I don't have a limit #. I would guess you can go wild with your audio files.

SSD streaming is 1 of the huge features of Kronos. You should probably read up on how the Kronos technology works. Its not really a simple PC.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sequencer can play back 16 mono tracks simultaneously. Each track can be up to 80 minutes.

The HD1 sampler can play back 140 mono samples simultaneously, which can also be streamed from disk. Not sure what the practical limit on sample time is though, but I'd imagine it would be measured in the minutes and obviously also supports looping etc.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: