Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PadKontrol keeps turning off and on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeFlavaz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: PadKontrol keeps turning off and on Reply with quote

Hey, I'm new here and wondering if someone has any insight on a problem I've been having with the PadKontrol? I'm running the PadKontrol via usb(all drivers installed) on Windows 7 64bit. My issue is when I run it with Reason 4, the padkontrol randomly turns off and back on. Of course when it does this, I have to restart Reason so it can re-read that the padkontrol is there. This is a terrible annoyance and work flow is severely suffering because of it. I also have a Novation 25sl mkii via usb with Reason and Nuendo and this problem never happens which leads me to believe it's probably not a power(psu) issue although that is still a possibility.

The issue sometimes happens when i first boot Reason up, other times it happens for no reason at all(no pun intended ; ) And, Sometimes it goes on a rant and just powers off, on, off, on, off, on. I'm guessing I can solve this issue by buying the PadKontrol power supply and running it through midi but I want to see if it can be solved without doing that. I have also considered the possibility that the issue arises from a faulty usb connection within the PadKontrol. However, it is new. I've tried other usb cords and troubleshot all things obvious. It powers up fine and it's stable while Reason isn't running. It also is perfectly stable during some sessions. Mostly not though.

I don't use it with Nuendo so haven't compared to see if it works with that. Aside from a possible psu issue(which i'm mostly dismissing,) My PC has very good specs and definitely isn't the issue. Any thoughts? Much appreciated.

Mike
astronaut

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my padKontroll with an external power supply and MIDI, no USB, and it does go on and off once in a while. It might be the power jack that's the fault, but if it is not a mechanical problem then maybe we've got the same type of malfunction.
Sacco svd

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an old PadKontrol.

It basically doesn't matter much how much power your USB ports on your PC have.

I think is a communications problem that happens over time, OR, some capacitor inside the unit is not holding charge anymore.

I have a hub with 4 Amp of power, and even so, the PadKontrol turns itself on/off/on/off after some time. The solution is to power it via PSU instead of USB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: