Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Key A3 clacks on the new Kronos 2 88

View previous topic :: View next topic  
omkar.sunkersett

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Key A3 clacks on the new Kronos 2 88 Reply with quote

I have purchased a new Kronos 2 88-key workstation this week. After playing for a couple of days, I have noticed that the A3 key has began to clack a little bit. The clack is loud just after playing but seems to fade a bit once the instrument is turned off for a few hours. What could be the problem with the keybed? Should I contact Korg support?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If you bought your unit new, ask a local authorized Korg center to fix the problem.
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A3 is pretty close to the centre of the keybed. I have my suspicions. Check that the metal panel which runs across the front of the keyboard isn't bowed inwards excessively. The A3 key may just be touching it enough to cause a noise. If you think that may be it. Just get a couple of wedges of thin cardboard and carefully apply pressure between the key front edge and the metal strip. This can happen if it has been carried withe strip against your stomach. Most advise loosening the screws underneath, and shifting the keybed. But as it's new, you should check the straightness of the panel first.

I have been discussing this in another thread previously. It may not be the problem, but worth checking before taking it back.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=118561
omkar.sunkersett

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loosened the screws and pushed the keybed inwards. The clacking sound of both the A keys has disappeared, but I can now hear the "plastic" sound of some other keys which was muted previously.

Let me know if you can help me fix that as well. It is much better than the clacking sound though.
Jogger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had similar problem with key noise around the touchscreen. Since I bought it new I returned it. New one sent, problem fixed.
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can now hear the "plastic" sound of some other keys which was muted previously

I'm not exactly sure what sound you are talking about here. With one easy thing to fix, you might overlook warranty support, but if there is now more it might be time to talk to Korg as a warranty issue.
omkar.sunkersett

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@DeltaJockey,

The noise is no longer there. I wanted to check on one thing. The key-bed is now very slightly titled to the left, but I was not able to push it from the right hand side.

Did you push yours from both the sides? I just want to confirm...thanks!
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Did you push yours from both the sides? I just want to confirm...thanks!
Quote:

I've never had to adjust the keybed on the Kronos 2, but when I adjusted it on the Kronos X I would have it sitting as it would on the keyboard stand, and loosen the screws, so as they were clear of the mdf. Otherwise the screws may still "bight" into the timber. I would move both ends at the same time. As the keybed has it's weight on the key frame metal runners, sliding it should be no problem, as long as the screws are all loose enough. You only have limited for/aft maneuvering room, as going back too far will squash up the black felt against the black keys. I think the spec is supposed to be about 1mm from the front metal panel. This is where the front panel has to be straight and not bowed in, otherwise there isn't enough clearance between the front and back across the whole keybed length.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: