Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Quick Split/Layer default function

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kleant

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject: Kronos Quick Split/Layer default function Reply with quote

Hello I want to ask because I have tried the new Quick Split/Layer function and its great however I want to be able to change the Default program sound it chooses when turned OFF and back ON instead of the Default Strings on the Layer and the Bass on the Split.

Is there a way to change this default SOUNDs apart from overwriting the exiting ones it choose every time it boots?!
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a global setting that does that for all programs and combis and even set list mode.
I think it is “Basic setup” tab page.

Parameter guide page 756. Excerpt below -copied and pasted directly.

Power On Mode [Reset, Memorize]
Specifies the condition at power-on.
Reset: The KRONOS will be in Combination mode P0: Play, and Combination INT–A000 will be selected.
Memorize: The location (mode and page) where you were when the power was last turned off, and the last-selected program or combination number will be selected.
This function does not memorize the contents of any parameters that were edited. Before turning off the power, be sure to write your data or save it in Disk mode.
kleant

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately what you suggest does not memorize the new program sound selected on the Quick Split/Layer or any settings at all such as the volume level or the octave they go back to the original program sound and settings which are:

QUICK LAYER
I-B 008 Small Pop Strings EXs18
Octave 0 - Volume 127

QUICK SPLIT
U-F 018 Finger Bass 1
Octave 0 - Volume 127

Basically I want to change the QUICK LAYER to New Sound and new octave and volume maybe lowered a little the same on the QUICK SPLIT and I want to memorize these new settings so each time I turn on Kronos I don't have to set them again.

Is there any way to do that?! Because me I cant found it. Smile

Thank you.
Johnmallon62

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also very interested if someone can provide an answer to this. Doesn’t seem complicated, maybe Korg can add to future release - I’m new, need to learn if there is place to submit to Korg for suggestions like this.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kleant wrote:
Unfortunately what you suggest does not memorize the new program sound selected on the Quick Split/Layer or any settings at all such as the volume level or the octave they go back to the original program sound and settings which are:

QUICK LAYER
I-B 008 Small Pop Strings EXs18
Octave 0 - Volume 127

QUICK SPLIT
U-F 018 Finger Bass 1
Octave 0 - Volume 127

Basically I want to change the QUICK LAYER to New Sound and new octave and volume maybe lowered a little the same on the QUICK SPLIT and I want to memorize these new settings so each time I turn on Kronos I don't have to set them again.

Is there any way to do that?! Because me I cant found it. Smile

Thank you.

Good to know that. What i mentioned was the only thing relative to what you asked about.
One other tip i can offer is that the “quick split/layer” feature is one of the newest features that was itself an add on to an already existing 3rd generation Kronos, or the Kronos 2.
Seems it was added to give a quick easy selection window for pairing sounds and then writing the final results into Combi mode.
I simply wrote all my quick split/layer doodles into a combi and went from there.

Also i stopped using quick split/layer when a system-stopping bug showed up there. I am not sure if that bug was fixed, but i never went back to quick splits/layers because i work almost always in Combi mode for layering, like i did for many years before quick split/layer feature was added on.
I never had a problem using regular combi mode to do my layers and splits, especially since i like to use karma and avoid any system bugs that could stop my progress.

Good luck, but i doubt there is much more to be found for Quick Split/layer feature. Good thing the feature easily writes its setup into combi mode slots where it does preserve all details and recalls on boot up.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have found and designed a solution after several hours of work and experimentation. See my sig for my free procedure to help Kronos users.

Note that you can only change the default program for the Quick Split and Quick Layer features. All other parameters like the octave and volume default settings can not be modified. You have to change them once you are in Quick Split or Quick Layer mode.
kleant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting approach to find a way around solution but i think Korg should have made this easier in the first place to save your Quick Split/Layer default programs/settings per user wish or SET maybe even as suggested by 19naia with the Power On Mode [Reset, Memorize] function which already have.

Hopefully will be included on a future updates because the small little details make all the difference on a live PLAY which on latest Korg OS'ses released Korg seems not interested/bothered about them, same as in latest Korg PA4X NEXT OS with lots of simple/careless bugs. I would not call a bug the Quick Split/Layer but i think for a £3000 instrument it should be a feature that should have the user memorize functions default settings Smile
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Tonight I just found out by accident that in Quick Split or Quick Layer mode the on-screen keyboard also plays notes. Not very useful since the keys are very small and at max level in monophonic mode, but just thought it was funny. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: