Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

35 x 20 Foot Room Speakers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taichi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: 35 x 20 Foot Room Speakers Reply with quote

What are the very best speakers for a 35 x 20 foot room please. Sound quality is the most important thing to show off/enhance the Pa4x.

Thanks

Dylan
jpires

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
How loud do you want it to be? Bose l1 model 2, Jbl eon one
QSC k12, here are a few options but they are pricey
JP
taichi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: speakers Reply with quote

Thanks JP

I want it to be very loud as and when required whilst still keeping good sound quality.

Regarding price, having spent a bit on Pa4x and Pa1000 I want to get it right. I would rather pay a lot now than make a mistake and have to go through it all again.

Hope that makes sense.

Dylan
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to quote foh-online "so when I say the Yamaha DZR/DXS speakers sound magnificent, it doesn’t come lightly" http://fohonline.com/articles/road-tests/yamaha-dzr10-d-and-dxs15-xlf-speakers/

Last edited by D575 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.audiotechnology.com/yamaha-dzr-series-powered-speakers/
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Taichi:

How many people will be on that room?
A room 35 x 20 feet doesn't need a high power, so with a good pair of studio monitor and a sub, is more than enough to get the best sound.- There are many brand, all of them really good (Mmackie, Yamaha, Genelec, KRK, etc.).- In my case for rehearsal i use a pair of SWR California Blondee (200 wts each), and its more than enough; our rehearsal are in a 30 x 30 feet.-
If what you need is for gigs, frequently keyboards sounds with all the band on the PA system, so for you only an stereo amp for monitoring it's enough.-
My suggestion, first think were you'll use the amp, and the go for the best you can buy.-
With regards.
Eduardo
taichi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Yamaha Reply with quote

Regarding speaker set up what do you think of this to go with my Pa4X please.

Yamaha HS8 Studio Monitors with Yamaha HS8S Sub Woofer.

Spent some time researching so would like to make a purchase now. Will be very grateful to hear what you think.

Thanks

Dylan
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bose L1

Or

Yamaha Stagepass

Or even

Korg Konnect which at 180W is powerful and a cheaper option than has been mentioned so far.

I have a pair of Behringer 108D PA speakers and mixer attached to my PA700 and the work and sound just fine.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you need to provide additional information...

Are you doing live concerts or are you looking to have more of a studio environment type sound? Depending on your answer, the type of speakers you get will make a big difference.

Additionally, are you using the MAXX Wave audio features within the Pa4X? This feature also changes the sound of the PA4X.

If this is a studio environment, is there sound deadening material on the walls? Has the room been tuned?

Is this going to be a live room for concerts? What is the normal attendance in the room for your shows?

If it is a studio environment, then you could go for just about any studio monitor and subwoofer combination. What is your budget? I particularly like Presonus studio monitors and subs. I have a pair and they sound great. I also have JBL studio monitors and they too sound really good.

For live use, just about anything will sound great. I recommend just about anything from QSC, JBL, EV, Peavey, and others, depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

I have a PA700 and when I play live, I actually use the Harbinger M350 systems. I have two of them, but one of the M350 systems is usually enough. For outdoor shows, I use two of them and they are more than loud enough and provide all of the sound that I need.

If you are doing live stuff, do you have any external gear like dbx GoRack type stuff before going to the speakers?

Please provide more information so we can more accurately answer your question. Just because you want it loud doesn't mean that is HAS to be loud. You want clear and clean sound in any case...

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Taichi:

Both are a very good choice, and you'll get an excellent sound.-
They are well built and are durable.- It's recommended to buy a good pair of stand for HS8 in the way to isolate bass frequency vibrations.-
Just one more suggestion: if it's posible get an small mixer unit for example Yamaha MG82CX, this way you'll get best results and you don't connect your keyboard directly to amp units. (i use my keyboards in these way).-
Finally, enjoy your PA4x.-
With regards.
Eduardo
taichi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: New speaker setup Reply with quote

I want to get up and running asap but get things right. So thanks to everyone for posting.

Eduardo you are a star, almost there now I hope. The stands are a good tip.

Add a small mixer ? Need to look at this more. Will do it tonight. Can you tell me a little more about this.

Lastly with sugested setup you mentioned, TC Helicon will work fine I assume.

Well done Eduardo.

Harry. Looking for a Studio sound Yes. MAXX feature ; No, need to learn more about this, another project ?

Studio room envireoment : not perfect but can improve. A very good point. Loud : No. A clear and clean sound, Yes

Harry, like me a lot of Korgies will have learnt much from your post, back to basics. We need the basics in order to understand the technical stuff. Well done for taking the time.

Thanks to Biggles, D575 and JP for helping to kick this off. Hope to report some new kit in a day or two.

Dylan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: