Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to setup 2 damper/Sustain pedals on the Kronos??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rskeys

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject: How to setup 2 damper/Sustain pedals on the Kronos?? Reply with quote

Hello can someone please help me find info on how to setup 2 damper/sustain pedals on the Kronos?

Would a simple Stereo to 2 female mono Jack adapter do the trick for the one damper input on the Kronos like the one in the link bellow:

https://www.amazon.es/Stagg-Neutrik-est%C3%A9reo-hembra-adaptador/dp/B00II6FKQ2/ref=sr_1_18?__mk_es_ES=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&keywords=stereo+mono+hembra+6.3&qid=1559480523&s=gateway&sr=8-18

Thank you.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why two damper pedals??

In theory, yes, the given adapter should work, provided that the sustain pedals are of the simple contact type where the contacts are normally open, and close when the pedal is pressed. The adapter will not work 100% with half-damper type pedals.

Rskeys

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Why two damper pedals??

In theory, yes, the given adapter should work, provided that the sustain pedals are of the simple contact type where the contacts are normally open, and close when the pedal is pressed. The adapter will not work 100% with half-damper type pedals.

I have a Keyboard Stand that rotates, thats why i need more than one sustain pedal.

Well i use damper and not footswich, although i'm pretty shure the dampers have a mono jack connection.

It's rather strange that the kronos doesn't allow the footswich be configured to control #64...

Anyways thanks for the help.
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's rather strange that the kronos doesn't allow the footswich be configured to control #64...

That is strange indeed. On my M3, the footswitch can be assigned to Damper, but I see in the Kronos manual that Damper is not an option for the footswitch. Why would Korg leave that off of the Kronos's assignments but have it on the M3?

Well, the obvious solution here is for you to trade your Kronos for my M3-88. Seems even and fair. ;)

No? All right then. But I think it might be possible to assign the footswitch to a real time knob (one that you wouldn't use normally in any program or combi) and then assign the knob itself to CC#64. It's not an ideal workaround, as you'd have to edit whatever progs and combis you use, but avoids using a splitter...
Hector Space

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Control surface and pedal assignment Reply with quote

Korg's Kronos assignment facilities for its knobs sliders and pedals is a short sighted mess.
Particularly if you’re using combis. Even if you could assign two of its pedals to damper cc, you'd end up not being able to separate them in your combi's so that you could not use each pedal to separately control the same cc on different timbres.
Similarly you cannot reassign the damper input to be say a second swell pedal even though electrically it is identical to the controller pedal input. Waste causing you to have to add an extra midi controller pedal.
Really for an instrument of the Kronos’s class, it should have two controller pedal inputs. Just look at the Kurzweil Forte, Roland RD2000, Nord Stage etc..
The Kronos should certainly provide separate physical panel and pedal control assignments for each timbre in a Combi.
It should be possible to assign IFX controllers to the dedicated instrument control surface available for each program in each timbre, rather than being forced into a ‘hardwired’ subset of the EXi controller nodes.
It should also have separate velocity intensity and offset adjustments for each timbre.
Currently you have to kludge around on the Kronos to achieve the most obvious and basic assignments for these controls.
For an instrument of this cost it isn’t good enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: