Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saving a Keyboard Set ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Saving a Keyboard Set ? Reply with quote

Hi!

Is there a way to save a specific Keyboard Set into a user memory?

Objective is to place it in a given Style when needed and eventually have a Song in the Song Book with desired Style and Keyboard Set.

Please excuse me for a basic question.

regards,
GD
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can save a keyboard set to user memory, once you have created the keyboard set you like, touch the arrow and select write keyboard set to user library. Name and select which bank you would like to store you set.
GD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot.
Can't believe it was so simple.
Korg for beginners is a bit complex specially when someone has migrated from Yamaha.

Cheers!
GD
RonAlmog

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. and now that you have your keyboard set saved, how can you change or edit it?
where can you see all your keyboard set bank/library?

thanks,
Ron
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make changes to a keyboard set and re save or rename and save in the user banks. I have different versions of the same keyboard sets that I've changed or tweaked slightly.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great place to start learning about your PA is with Korgs Video Manual tutorials

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GE87BZTf-pE

Once you can follow and replicate all the actions you see then it is time to move on to the past Korg Webinars which are streamed live but then placed online for catch up as needed. Access via KorgUK’s website specifuc to PA Owners which is Korg World, register and follow the links to the Crowdcast website which hosts the webinars

https://korgworld.co.uk/
cuong tran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I change the names of the 4 keyboard sets of an user Style ?
After Editing the Keyboard instruments, I tried to go to the Menu, then select Write Keyboard Set to Style, then change the Name of that new set, and the location of the Keyboard set, then Select Write.
But I got a Write message error. What's wrong with this ?

Thanks
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would be best saving the Style for your song to the Songbook, then changing the Keyboard sets and upper 2/3/Low to what you want, adding Fx, etc saving the Song after each change.

Then to play your Song select it in Songbook and it will load with all your settings ready to play.

Songbook and Setlists is the key to using any PA
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject: Style vs Style Setting Reply with quote

cuong tran wrote:
.. after Editing the Keyboard instruments .. select Write Keyboard Set to Style .. But I got a Write message error. What's wrong with this ? ..

Hello,
to use songbook features is no correct answer for your question what is wrong with getting write message error.

If using songbook you only prevent to get a write error message, but keyboard set is not written to your style.
That keyboard sets of songbook-entries only are residing in that songbook.
So each time you want to use that style from style-menue (without songbook), you do not get your keyboard sets you think you have written to your style.
That is because styles may not be changed with songbook-entries, but simply keyboard sets are written to an sb-entry.

If you want to change keyboard sets of a style, the right way is to Write Keyboard Set to Style.
You get a Write message error if you "Write Keyboard Set to Style" to a style that is located in factory area, because the style is write-protected per default.
To get no write error message for "Write Keyboard Set to Style" it is necessary to un-protect if using a factory-style.

Maybe you did not try to "Write Keyboard Set to Style" to an user style but to a factory (or local) stye, because with user styles no write error message should occur.

To prevent confusions its good to know a bit about Pa's file management: If a style is written or rewritten, also its style-settings are written (in style menue).
If a songbook entry is created or rewritten, a style is not rewritten, but songbook may contain style-settings, a link to a style or song, kbd-sets and pad-settings.

PS: Also if one think songbook and setlists are the key to use any Pa, everybody is free to use and organize the features that best fits their playing habits ---> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=115896

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cuong tran wrote:
How can I change the names of the 4 keyboard sets of an user Style ?
After Editing the Keyboard instruments, I tried to go to the Menu, then select Write Keyboard Set to Style, then change the Name of that new set, and the location of the Keyboard set, then Select Write.
But I got a Write message error. What's wrong with this ?

Thanks

Additionally to the excellent advice given in the previous response as typical there is more than one way to achieve the desired result.

Copy the Style to a User location and edit it there is a safe way of having a Style that you use frequently.

Styles are Write Protected by default so you need to unprotect to modify the Styles in their standard location.

As usual do a full system Backup and a SaveAll before any changes are made.

Also note that an update of the OS may change the standard Styles, the SaveAll file will be needed to restore custom settings.
cuong tran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody,
Thank you all for your post, but it does not solve my problem.

- First at all, the Style that I want to change is an User Style, not a Factory Style. I'm supposed to be able to change the Keyboard Sets of that Style. But every time I modified the Keyboard Set, then I tried to write that new Set to the style, I got a Write Error Message !

- Even if I just wanted to change the name of that Keyboard Set (for example KB Set 2), I got the same Write error Message.

- The only thing I was able to do (as indicated by Biggles) was to make the modifications on a given Keyboard Set (# ...), then save it as a Song. But since I can't modify the Name of that KB Set, it leads to confusion (for example I changed the sounds to piano, but the name of that KB Set is still Strings !). I tried hard but did not find a way to do this !

Anybody can help ?

Thanks
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject: write keyboard set to style - Pa1000 Reply with quote

cuong tran wrote:
.. the Style that I want to change is an User Style, not a Factory Style...

Strange thing - is it possible to open this style with record editor (edit current style, change volume of one track slightly) and is it possible to write that style to another location as a user style?

If style can be written to another location of user area, can you change its keyboard sets or do you get same write error message on each location?

Where does the user style come from? Was the style created with Pa1000?

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very strange.

Can you try the following

Ensure that in the Global menu you uncheck the Style protection boxes in the Lock section

Then try this with the Style that you want to modify that is in the User Style locations selected:-

Tap Keyboard on screen, select what you want as the instrument voice.

(1) Then from drop down select Write Kbd Set to Style, making sure the instrument name is correct (if not correct it by tapping on the T and naming it what you want) and making sure it is going to be saved in position 01.

(2) If you also want to change the instrument voices in Up1, Up2 and Low, tap on each in turn, select the instrument voice you want then select Write Current Style Settings.

Repeat (1) & (2) for the three other positions, making sure that they are saved in positions 02, 03 & 04 respectively, then when this is completed from drop down menu select Write Current Style Settings.

In Style mode select a different Style, play something then go back and select the Style you just edited and all should be OK.

Now go back into the Lock screen and check the protection boxes.
cuong tran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Biggles, I tried to follow your suggestion, but can't do what I want to do.
Followings are steps I've done, please try to do this yourself and tell me what do you get, thanks :

1- I went to Global then Select General Controls - Lock - Style - then I unchecked everything in that Style Page.

2- I went to the Kbd Set page then Select a set (for example Set 2). Then I modified the Voice (Instrument and Volume) then Select ''Write Kbd set to Style'' - then in that page I can change the name of the new Kbd Set, and Select on which Set I want to write to (Set 1, 2, 3 or 4). Then I answer Yes to the question ''Are you sure''. Then I get the Message : ''Write command failed''

3- If I Select ''Write Current Style Settings'' as you proposed then I got no Write error Message, and the changes were made to the style. But the Name of the Kbd Set was'nt change, and I find no other way to do this.

My goal is to modify a Kbd Set including its name and its position, and to put that on an User Style.

Please Test yourself and tell me what was wrong in my doing.

Thanks.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add this action to the unlocking previously undertaken.

Global > Mode Preferences > Media

Unprotect Factory

Now you can write or rather you should be able to, write to the Factory Styles

Do note that I would not recommend modifying the Factory Styles

OR

Unprotect Media as above

If you Copy and Paste the Style you where you want to change the Keybdsets to a User or Direct location where you can easily customise its content.

Please confirm that you are actually Copying and Pasting your chosen Style to a User or Direct location?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: