Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos SE System Error (Good investment???)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesmanuel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Kronos SE System Error (Good investment???) Reply with quote

Hi:

I received the Kronos SE 2 weeks ago and saw 3 times the "system startup failure" message. I thinking if I made a good decision buying a keyboard with almost 10 years in the market and with a serious message. First I want to buy montage 8 but the weight is killer (67lbs). I had the Montage 7 but I don't like the keybed so I sold it. Please I need some light here. Regards
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos SE System Error (Good investment???) Reply with quote

jesmanuel wrote:
Hi:

I received the Kronos SE 2 weeks ago and saw 3 times the "system startup failure" message. I thinking if I made a good decision buying a keyboard with almost 10 years in the market and with a serious message. First I want to buy montage 8 but the weight is killer (67lbs). I had the Montage 7 but I don't like the keybed so I sold it. Please I need some light here. Regards

you have to know Kronos requires consistent power. Here in the US, power is consistent. Its gets more dicey playing in old bars with sh*& outlets. But thats an example of poor maintenance

Post back your power situation
jesmanuel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: korg Kronos SE Reply with quote

Im going to buy a UPS but Im thinking if I made a good decision buying this keyboard (for these issues). I suppose to ask first and buy later but I bought first Smile .
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: korg Kronos SE Reply with quote

jesmanuel wrote:
Im going to buy a UPS but Im thinking if I made a good decision buying this keyboard (for these issues). I suppose to ask first and buy later but I bought first Smile .

Also Kronos requires that every time you shut it down, that you wait a full 10 seconds or more, before power on again.
The shutdown process is not complete until 10 seconds after power is shut off.
Power on for Kronos too soon, and the shutdown process can lead to system problems.
jesmanuel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Shutdown time for me never is an issue.
Docflick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you’re having issues with your SE. Not sure it’s time to throw in the towel on the Kronos, though.

I owned a K2 88 for more than three years, bought new from a US retailer. No issues at all, performed flawlessly from day one. I put it through the paces every day for two hours or more.

Three weeks ago, I bought a SE 73, demo model, from a different US online retailer. Again, no issues; works flawlessly.

As others have suggested, I would first look into power being the root of your
boot issues.

That said, its possible you got a defective unit. But I wouldn’t give up on the Kronos yet. You’re under warranty, after all. If you continue having issues, even after getting a UPS, then send it back for a replacement.
Current: Kronos 61 Titanium, Yamaha Montage 6, Roland Fantom, Dexibell Vivo S7 Pro, MPC Live II; Previous: Kronos 73 SE and 2 88, Yamaha Motif 6, XF, EX5, SY77, DX7 (x2), CP33, Roland JP-50, Alesis QS8
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After buying an UPS, if it doen't solve the problem, I suggest you to re-install system with the 3 DVD's you got along with the Kronos, before sending it again to repair.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: korg Kronos SE Reply with quote

jesmanuel wrote:

This is the right thing to do as first to exclude net power issues , and don't worry , Kronos is an investment !

PS : Welcome to forum

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos SE System Error (Good investment???) Reply with quote

[//

Last edited by GregC on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
jesmanuel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos SE System Error (Good investment???) Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
jesmanuel wrote:
Hi:

I think the word you should use is 'purchase'.

Investment implies 'long term '. Long term can equal 5-12 years for a keyboard.

If a Kronos keyboard is a spur of the moment impulse decision, the above does not apply.

Kronos 8 yrs on the marketplace does not guaranty a non defective keyboard. Its an assembled key board. components from various 3rd parties which ' might ' be defective.

Korg's 'assembly approach ' over the past years does not suggest the keyboard construction and performance somehow improves over time.

Sorry, my first language is spanish Very Happy
All the people can said whatever they want about my statement: After not using my cellphone near to my Kronos when it startup, I don't received a failure message. So for me that was the problem Very Happy.

Now this post can be delete. Thanks!!!
jesmanuel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos SE System Error (Good investment???) Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
jesmanuel wrote:
Hi:

If a Kronos keyboard is a spur of the moment impulse decision, the above does not apply.

Kronos 8 yrs on the marketplace does not guaranty a non defective keyboard. Its an assembled key board. components from various 3rd parties which ' might ' be defective.

Korg's 'assembly approach ' over the past years does not suggest the keyboard construction and performance somehow improves over time.

Sorry, my first language is Spanish Very Happy
All the people can said whatever they want about my statement: After not using my cellphone near to my Kronos when it startup, I don't received a failure message. So for me that was the problem Very Happy.

jesmanuel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, ANTONY, Piano Suite 3 is a BEAST!!!!
jesmanuel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Kronos SE Reply with quote

Well, today I received a message from the store and they are going to change the keyboard again. So I hope the new one don't have any issue...
ITguy54

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos SE System Error (Good investment???) Reply with quote

jesmanuel wrote:
GregC wrote:
jesmanuel wrote:
Hi:

Sorry, my first language is Spanish Very Happy

Don’t let his comments bother you. You have no reason to apologize. Just ignore him. I hope your issues with your SE gets resolved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: