Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to save direct folder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heno

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: How to save direct folder Reply with quote

I have a direct folder, which I have changed many times and have added many new styles in this direct folder. I would like to save the altered direct folder (back up) and share it with a friend (usb). Anny Ideas???
Thank you so much in advance.
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See ‘File Management’ chapter In Owner Manual. You can easily copy to USB and then backup to PC.

It sounds like you have never backed up your Direct folder. If you follow this forum, many users have lost a lot of work for not doing that simple step.
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
Heno

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thank you so much. I just want to avoid losing my work.
Best wishes
Hendrik
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject: backup of direct data Reply with quote

Heno wrote:
.. just want to avoid losing my work ...

To make frequent backup copies into compact and easy-to-store archives of your data (musical resources) you can use the Media > Utility > Full Resources Backup or the Media > Save All command to save individual files that you can separately reload one by one.

These functions only backs up the internal memory but no internal or external drives and also, it will not back up your Direct banks, already residing in internal or external drives. To back up these data make a backup of the internal or external drives by connecting Pa-Keyboard to a PC.

In Media > USB page enable USB communication, do not modify the structure of the SET folders used for direct folder (or you will no longer be
able to use them on Pa-Keyboard) but only use the USB connection for data exchange, to copy your data (set folder used as direct folder) to PC.

This copy is the backup (of your set you used as direct folder) you can share with a friend (per mail, per usb etc...) or you can use it in case you really lost your work once.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: