Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tips for automating or streamlining sample bank creation?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timg11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Tips for automating or streamlining sample bank creation? Reply with quote

I create sample-based programs from various other software external to the Kronos. When I need to create a sample bank on the Kronos, the process is quite tedious.
Copy the raw samples as WAV or other format onto the Kronos, Load the sample files in the Kronos, Create multi-samples for each one. Rename Multisamples, save the sample set, edit into Programs.

Doing all this for large numbers of sample files takes a long time. Is there any way to automate, script, or anything to optimize the process? Other than spending hours hunched over an 8 inch touchscreen?

I would be very interested in any software that could export to Kronos Userbanks directly.
timg11

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong, but I suspect that Korg and professional sound library designers are not doing their development on the Kronos.

One little example: Consider the way the sample selection dialog for assigning the sample to each multisample index starts from sample zero every time. You have to navigate through all the samples already in the list to find the ones you just added. If it was actually used by anybody regularly, it would open on the most recently used page of samples.

Wouldn't it be nice to create a sample bank from a script?
Be able to specify all the details needed in a text file, rather than manually one sample at a time?
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Sample Robot Korg Edition
timg11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, SampleRobot looks interesting.
Another one I located is Polyphone Soundfont Editor. Since Kronos accepts soundfonts, it looked promising. I tried it briefly, but couldn't get it to work, and the workflow was still manual, so I went back to working on the Kronos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: