Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

App that displays lyrics sent to it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: App that displays lyrics sent to it? Reply with quote

For various reasons, I want to use a keyboard that transmits lyrics (via sysex) over USB and display those lyrics on an iPad or Android tablet rather than the keyboard's display.

I know there is a plethora of apps that will play the file and display lyrics, but does anyone know of an app that will simply display lyrics sent to it in realtime?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: App that displays lyrics sent to it? Reply with quote

Korghelper wrote:
.. display those lyrics on an iPad or Android tablet rather than the keyboard's display ...

You can do so with "Songbook plus" from Baum Software (Full page turns or smooth scrolling - Auto page turns or scrolling).

How to use "ONSONG" hands-free, allowing you to focus on the music you will find in onsongs manual --> //onsongapp.com/docs/features/hands-free/ and also would try to get informations if/how "Unreal Songbook" will synchronize lyrics.

PS: Information about "Mobile Sheets" can be found at //www.korg.com/download/global/paseries/tutorials/Using_MobileSheetsPro_for_Android.pdf

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Snoopy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi siebenhirter,

what you describe ist not what the thread-opener wanted Wink

@Korghelper :

MIDI-files can contain lyrics ( that are displayed on keyboard / player screen ), but as far as I know they can´t be sent to other devices.

There is no possibility to display anything from external devices on iPad / Android. They only have a "data-out" function, but no "data-in".

Anyhow, you should think about using "songbook+"-Software on iPad, but you have to change your workflow for that Wink

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Lyrics displayed on tablet Reply with quote

Snoopy wrote:
.. not what the thread-opener wanted ...

I was wrong - sorry - and know, that you can not transmit Meta-Data, but with only condition to be lyrics simply are displayed from an app in realtime I recommend to use songbook plus from Baum.

Use your keyboard as master, connect your keyboard-out (Clock internal, Clock send activated) to tablet-in, duplicate your SMF to tablet configured as slave to receive start/stop/clock for displaying SMFs lyrics only, running with "Songbook-Plus".

Meta-Events lyrics and text of slave are following the delta time in SMF. Meta-Event begins with FF, followed by Event-Type, followed by a variable length and then followed by the actual meta-event-data displayed with tablets app as lyrics synchron with SMF played with keyboards player.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me come clean with my situation... one of the keyboards I use is a BK-9, which, until Roland discontinued the app (which also works with all BK models, not just the BK-9) could be hooked to an iPad, and the iPad would display the lyrics of either SMF’s or MP3’s that the BK played. Roland published a free app called Lyric Viewer that did this, but infuriatingly discontinued it, and being iPad, cannot be copied or bought from Roland directly.

The capability of the app tends to convince me that lyric metadata IS being transmitted because the arranger is still actually playing the file and sync is retained even if you use Markers to jump ahead or backwards in SMF’s or change tempo in MP3’s.

So, what I am looking for is an app that can display transmitted lyric metadata, but I am coming up empty so far....

Anyone heard of a solution that DOESN’T involve turning over the playing of the file to the iPad?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: