Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RESTART OF 4X On Stage :(
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject: RESTART OF 4X On Stage :( Reply with quote

Hi KF,
This time i,m realy P - Off Sad
On the stage Live The KB restarted by it self.
WHY! No idea, I was playing a style from Direct bank, And nothing more.

So we all know all this Problems from 4 X, Whats happening? Is KORG On this, Can we get a sollution for this, Or Is a NEW OS on the way???

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows?... we would like to think a fix is in hand considering some of the confirmed reports we are seeing round here (pad sync issue is really getting in the way now) But if no further action comes from korg then we have a keyboard with a poor resale value and I doubt I would purchase the PA4X Replacement... SO... let's hope I am wrong with that one and the time is being spent on a comprehensive fix because korg's reputation is taking a knock on this one.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Who knows?... we would like to think a fix is in hand considering some of the confirmed reports we are seeing round here (pad sync issue is really getting in the way now) But if no further action comes from korg then we have a keyboard with a poor resale value and I doubt I would purchase the PA4X Replacement... SO... let's hope I am wrong with that one and the time is being spent on a comprehensive fix because korg's reputation is taking a knock on this one.
+1,

@Asena,
Sorry for this bad experience. I understand how frustrating is when your keyboard stops working in live performance in front of your audiences.
Korg should hurry up to release an update for at least major bugs like rebooting issue.

I want to update to V3 but prefer waiting for an serious update.
If Korg does not care about these bugs, I think it's time to look for another brand.
Personally I don't want but if there is no action from Korg, I will consider it as an negligence and not loyal from Korg company.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unacceptable whether playing live or not.

We need a reaction from Korg even if it's a tiny one like "...we're working on it..."
...just a little confidence boost - please!!
We don't need a timeframe/commitment but merely an acknowledgement.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

We need a reaction from Korg even if it's a tiny one like "...we're working on it..."

Very Happy
+1
export-B

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

The same thing happened to me on the brand new PA700. The only difference is that it is literally frozen and for some time it has been emitting random random samplings.

That's why I moved to PA4X and now again a similar problem here. He also extinguished me on Saturday and started playing again in the middle of the gig.

Korg, please take immediate action !!!
Polysix, Poly 800, DW6000, DW8000, DS8, M1, PA1X Pro, PA2X Pro, Kronos X 61, PA3X Pro, PA3X LE, PA700, PA4X 76, PA1000, Kronos SE and now Nautilus 73 and Casio PXS3000, Cubase 12, NI Ultimate 12, Komplete Kontrol S49,ReFX 3.0,Roland FR1X.
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: RESTART OF 4X On Stage :( Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
WHY! No idea, I was playing a style from Direct bank, And nothing more.

Dear Asena, sorry to hear this. You have a personal message.

Best,
Paolo
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

Very Happy
+1
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has also happened to me once.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: boot Reply with quote

Asena

Yes restarted is bad and it kill you microphone , so you can not talk untill it reboot..

the audiences look at you and thinks ,, you stop playing and you can't talk ... is he having a heart attack or stroke,,
Smile
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the outcome here (time will tell with a little more patience) I can see a time when I could sacrifice the FATAR keybed (which i like very much) with the many other aspects of the PA4X I like also for a Genos including "V Console" https://youtu.be/cwxySiCE7n4 and this is despite some indurance on my part with a bumpy ride in the first 18 month after the release of PA4X with two faulty units (motherboards on both keyboards) and now with this latest fiasco post OS V3 all reported on this forum (pad sync issue is so anoying for me) so my patience and confidence is starting to run a little thin and of course I could wind-back to OS V2 but thats not the point... I realy hope korg get a handle on all this and perhaps learn not to rush product to market as we have seen... so to korg...you are great innovators and I surport that as a returning customer like many others... but do take care of your market share because there is alway someone who will take advantage of it if you rest on your laurels by taking your customer's for granted.
kleant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This bugs/errors especialy the restart and pad synch has been reported by me and some other members since very first days of the last update but unfornately some other members on this forum try to divert the real problem and create confusion even claiming that this bugs/error don't exist and try to pick on people who reported them by giving pointless instructions how to perform a factory restore to fix pad synch on factory styles, how to buy ups or even sets from them and other stupid instructions... which is a shame really.

If this bugs/error did not exist on OS 2 which did not, than its really really very simple to know that these are OS 3.0.1 bugs/errors call it as you like.

Now most of us are not in a position to give instructions of why these happens and how to fix them because we don't know how KORG OS works we can only report what's working or not, so please don't blame users if they report something which does not work!

On my experience im using OS 3.0.1 since it was released. I gig 4 nights a week, thankfully or probably I was lucky but the restart never have happened in a middle of the gig but always before when I setup my PA4X making ready for the gig, loading sets etc. However I have other friends who have experienced sudden restart even in a middle of a gig for no apparent reasons. About the pad synch I have adapted to live with it and start them in synch or try to not load for some styles however its very frustrating for the pads to not synch at least how they where working on OS 2.

Hopefully Paolo will have a fix soon Smile I know personally from the last time he tried something which at least fixed some bugs and minimized the pad synch problem but however pad/synch and restart problem are still an issue even after the last update 3.0.1.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kleant wrote:
......Now most of us are not in a position to give instructions of why these happens and how to fix them because we don't know how KORG OS works we can only report what's working or not, so please don't blame users if they report something which does not work! ......
+1,
Well said.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR wrote:
kleant wrote:
......Now most of us are not in a position to give instructions of why these happens and how to fix them because we don't know how KORG OS works we can only report what's working or not, so please don't blame users if they report something which does not work! ......
+1,
Well said.

+1 from me too

Unfortunately the shutdown problem is horribly intermittent and cannot instantly be replicated (so far) and also does not seem to be happening on all keyboards.

Where possible, it is critical to provide as much detail as possible as Korg need to replicate the environment when this happens.
It seems that no-one has experienced this in V2 so that is at least something for Korg to go with. I would not like to be troubleshooting this problem. Where would you start? Is it a hardware batch? Perhaps V3 is pushing the hardware over the edge, or the auto shutdown feature itself has a bug (ON or OFF) etc.. etc... Does it only occur on PKG models? Does it ever occur on PA4X with vanilla installation of V3? Is it a sensitive power problem?

We can but hope Korg will figure this out - I do not have a lot of hope personally - maybe Korg should take (and replace of course) one of the keyboards with the problem from an owner so they at least have a better starting point.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear KF members , You guys are like a family to me, I Do not care so much If i play on Y, or K, or R, i,am a studio producer and i also play on my friends weddings etc, i have great equipment and of course i love Korg and the ability to make what ever i want to do. So from my heart THANK YOU KORG TEAM, Yes so far so god, But after having several issues with my KB i,m wondering if there is any thing wrong with my SET file making, But from here i must say NO, nothing can be wrong on my set file that works perfectly on 2.0 but i got this problems on NEXT 3.1.
I am a regular and kind person and people like my music and efforts when it comes to big concerts etc. Mostly for young kidz and children.
Some times i,am playing behind very famous people.
So on stage when this happens , We cant explaning to the audience,
or for the bride and groom.
Just imagine, they have entrance, and half way in to the dance floor for FIRST DANCE, and it shuts down, JUST TELL ME IF ANY OF US CAN EXPLAIN THAT!
(Sorry my OS is not ready for my KB) Can i restart and you guys make a new entrance ?
IMPOSSIBLE!
I had manny discussions here, some liked me some did not, I do care about all of us, i,m helping people from this site, and some of you great people over the world helps me, Like, Sharp, or Karma sieben BR Duby2 etc,
And this time Even from PAOLO, so i,m here to help US, not only me. And i,m replaying to Paolo now, so let see if we can catch this bad Bugg.
Again guys Thank you all, Love from me to all of you out there Smile

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: