Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramongd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject: Please Help Reply with quote

hi, my kronos boot but it appears with white screen, you change the screen and as you want it remains the same, I also change the video cable. This works with ipad remote app

Someone has had this problem?, or know where you can get this Korg Kronos LCD Connector Board (KLM-3007)? to see if this is a problem
I do not speak a lot of english
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it operate normally with no optional items connected to it?
ramongd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes
ramongd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can use the touch of the screen but there is no video
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your Kronos works perfectly without other optional items connected to it, maybe the problem is not your Kronos.
ramongd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a new screen, do you think it may be damaged?
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramongd wrote:

Sorry, I don’t know. I have not had to replace one. Maybe someone here will have your answer.
ramongd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for your answers , apparently not much has tended this experience
timg11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Falcon2e, I think maybe @ramongd didn't understand what you meant by "optional items connected".

@ramongd, If you unplug everything from the Kronos except the power cord, does the display still appear all white?
Optional items could be things connected by USB, pedals, or MIDI.
Since you said it works with Ipad remote app, the Kronos is probably booting normally. It sounds like maybe an issue with the display or driver board, or the associated cables.

@Falcon2e, the reason I say this is because even if there is a serious problem with the motherboard, memory, or disk drive, the display will initialize and will display an error message like "SYSTEM STARTUP FAILED Please turn the Kronos off, wait, and then turn it back on. "
It is true that USB devices left connected can sometimes prevent boot and cause that message to be displayed.

@ramongd, if you are working on this yourself, you should check the cables on the KLM-3007 LCD interface board. Since the power and data are provided through the same cables, the fact that the display lights up shows the cables are connected. But there might be damage to the cables, or they are not fully seated, causing the display data to not reach the LCD.

Here's a photo for reference (Kronos 2). I can't use inline image because the board doesn't scale and it is too big otherwise.
http://www.synthify.com/Kronos_Module/20170617_173602.jpg
ramongd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you unplug everything from the Kronos except the power cord, does the display still appear all white?
YES

The cable contact goes down on the KML 3007 and up on the KLM -3360?
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timg11 wrote:
@Falcon2e, I think maybe @ramongd didn't understand what you meant by "optional items connected".

@ramongd, If you unplug everything from the Kronos except the power cord, does the display still appear all white?
Optional items could be things connected by USB, pedals, or MIDI.
Since you said it works with Ipad remote app, the Kronos is probably booting normally. It sounds like maybe an issue with the display or driver board, or the associated cables.

@Falcon2e, the reason I say this is because even if there is a serious problem with the motherboard, memory, or disk drive, the display will initialize and will display an error message like "SYSTEM STARTUP FAILED Please turn the Kronos off, wait, and then turn it back on. "
It is true that USB devices left connected can sometimes prevent boot and cause that message to be displayed.

@ramongd, if you are working on this yourself, you should check the cables on the KLM-3007 LCD interface board. Since the power and data are provided through the same cables, the fact that the display lights up shows the cables are connected. But there might be damage to the cables, or they are not fully seated, causing the display data to not reach the LCD.

Here's a photo for reference (Kronos 2). I can't use inline image because the board doesn't scale and it is too big otherwise.
http://www.synthify.com/Kronos_Module/20170617_173602.jpg

No doubt, a bit of confusion with the translation.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramongd wrote:

So you replaced the screen yourself? If so, do you have a background in electronics repair?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: