Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Control Surface - "Channel Strip" question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject: Control Surface - "Channel Strip" question Reply with quote

Hello,

I've realized one thing I've been unable to solve, concerning the Control Surface in Timbre Track Control Assign, in Program Mode and in Combination Mode too.

1°) In Program Mode

In the parameter guide, page 28, we can read :

Quote:
Channel Strip: With this setting, the eight knobs will control the Pan, EQ, and FX Send settings for the selected Oscillator. Use the SELECT buttons to choose between Oscillators 1 and 2.

"For the selected oscillator" : so, I understand that the settings will differ according to the selected OSC. But in reality, I've noticed that if I modify EQ, or another setting with the knobs, for OSC 1, all the settings, except Pan setting, stay the same even if I select OSC 2. So, what about EQ and FX Send Setting as written in manual ? However, the Drum Track does keep its own settings.

So, here is my question : is it a bug or is there a command somewhere in order to make it work as the manual indicates ?

2°) In Combi Mode

In RT/Karma Control Assign, we can adjust the first four knobs respectively to Knob 1: CUTOFF Knob 2: RESONANCE Knob 3: Filter EG I Knob 4: EG Release.

My question is : What channel these settings are applied to ? Do they apply to all channels or only one, and which one ?

Thank you all.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In program mode, there is only one EQ. so it is normal it affects both OSCs. And for the FX sends to work, the program must be in L/R under bus select in the IFX tab.

About your question in combi mode, IIRC I think the knob functions are those of the last copied/imported program in the combi.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answer.

KK wrote:
In program mode, there is only one EQ.

Well, that's not what is written in the manual, as I told above. And the EQ for Drum Track is not the same.

KK wrote:
About your question in combi mode, IIRC I think the knob functions are those of the last copied/imported program in the combi.

I've done a new test : in fact it seems to apply to all timbres simultaneously.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the Channel strip in Combi Mode:
1- Select the Control Surface tab
2- (3rd row down) use the Timbre Select soft switch.
Or you can use the physical Mix Select button to select the Timbre that will respond to the Channel Strip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: