Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Local off not working as expected

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicky_p

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject: Local off not working as expected Reply with quote

Hi, after 3.0.x update my PA4X does not receive midi notes from external sequencer or othe midi keyboard. It's ok when is on, but i think the idea is to shut the PA4X keys and to be able to play from other instrument!

Do somebody know how to fix it?
nicky_p

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it there an option that the Local Off is not working becouse of Add-On installed?
jeanloop

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The behavior of the Local On / Off mode is not the same between version 2 and 3 of the OS.

In V2.2 in local mode off, if you play on the PA you hear nothing (normal), if the PA receives a note on the Global Channel, he played it.
In local mode On, if the PA receives a note on the global channel he played it and emits nothing in Midi-Out (style stopped, of course)

Since V3.0 in local mode off, if the PA receives a note on the Global Channel it does not play it.
In Local On mode, if the PA receives a note on the Global Channel, it plays it and outputs on Midi-Out on the channel(s) (depending on the keyboard set) configured in Global->Midi->Midi Out Channel.
In local mode off, the PA plays notes received on channels configured in Global->Midi->Midi In Channel (except for the global channel).

It may be logical if we consider that the global channel replaces the PA keyboard.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: Local on / off - global channel Reply with quote

jeanloop wrote:
.. behavior of the Local On / Off mode is not the same..

The behavior of the Local On/Off mode (and global channel) is the same with all Pa-Keyboards from Korg.

"Local Off" means that notes played on the keyboard will go to Midi-Out-port only - it is a simple switch to interrupt keyboard from built-in-soundmachine to prevent double-note-loop in case using external modules. If and how to get that midi messages to an external device depends on Midi-Out-configuration.

"Local On" means that keyboard is connected with built-in-soundmachine.

To select connections of corresponding part/tracks to internal / external or both sound generations "Track controls" and settings of midi ports are used.
Midi messages received from global channel simulate the Pa4X integrated keyboard. If "Local Off" is set, then notes received on global channel are treated as well as notes played with integrated keyboard.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
jeanloop

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@siebenhirter:

What i say is what I have tested on my PA4X.
In OS V2, with local off mode, PA play the notes received on channel global.
In OS V3, with local off mode, PA don't play the notes received on channel global.

Make the test yourself if you don't believe me !
nicky_p

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Local Control On/Off is not working as expected!!!

On--/ When you play the keyboard, MIDI data are sent to the internal sound
generator. If Sounds are assigned to a MIDI OUT channel, data are
also sent to the MIDI OUT and USB ports.

Off--/ The keyboard is connected to the MIDI OUT and USB ports, but cannot
play the internal sound generator.
This is very useful when working with an external sequencer, to send
notes and various MIDI messages from the integrated keyboard and
controllers to the external sequencer, and then let the sequencer
send them back to the sound generator, without overlapping and
MIDI echo effects.
nicky_p

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a chance to test other PA instruments and LOCAL off is working perfect! OS NEXT have huge bug on this side! KORG have to fix it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: