Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Copying a Combi not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychostixx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:43 am    Post subject: Copying a Combi not working Reply with quote

I have looked for the answer here but could not find anything. I I missed something I am sorry. I have a combi that is saved in bank U-F026 and works fine. I select it from my setlist and goto the upper corner to write combination. I change the bottom section to point to U-A02 and hit OK. it saves it but the name switches to init combi and all the timbres are set back to piano. I just want to save a copy to edit without screwing up the orginal. this is talked about so you can make templates and such but I can not figure this out. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Everybody
Rob
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first you can check "Memory Protect" in Global Mode. If "Combination" is checked, you won't be able to write down in memory.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
At first you can check "Memory Protect" in Global Mode. If "Combination" is checked, you won't be able to write down in memory.
I tried that. If Combi memory protect is on (checked) you can get past the "Write Combi" in the page menu commands. It stops you right there and gives you a warning message. That is OS 3.1.3. Not sure about earlier versions of the OS.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Copying a Combi not working Reply with quote

psychostixx wrote:
I have looked for the answer here but could not find anything. I I missed something I am sorry. I have a combi that is saved in bank U-F026 and works fine. I select it from my setlist and goto the upper corner to write combination. I change the bottom section to point to U-A02 and hit OK. it saves it but the name switches to init combi and all the timbres are set back to piano. I just want to save a copy to edit without screwing up the orginal. this is talked about so you can make templates and such but I can not figure this out. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Everybody
Rob

Why are you doing this from Set List mode? Those menu options don't appear in the Set List Page Menu Commands.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What OS is your operating system version?
psychostixx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used set list to choose the combi to work on. I then select combi button.

firmware 3.1.2

I got it to work but can repro the issue now. not sure what is happening, I have had the usb connected to my windows pc and the midi drivers installed. That all works. I have had the korg editor closed all week but the cable still connected. I disconnected the cable and it would still have the issue so I rebooted the korg with no cable and it is writing as it should, I did reboot it with the cable connected and it would not work. Don't know why this does it but after using the editor and leaving the cable connected this doesn't work again. I can use it so wont worry too much now I guess.

Thanks for all the quick replies and help.

Rob
psychostixx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used set list to choose the combi to work on. I then select combi button.

firmware 3.1.2

I got it to work but can repro the issue now. not sure what is happening, I have had the usb connected to my windows pc and the midi drivers installed. That all works. I have had the korg editor closed all week but the cable still connected. I disconnected the cable and it would still have the issue so I rebooted the korg with no cable and it is writing as it should, I did reboot it with the cable connected and it would not work. Don't know why this does it but after using the editor and leaving the cable connected this doesn't work again. I can use it so wont worry too much now I guess.

Rob
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psychostixx wrote:

firmware 3.1.2

Rob

Did you mean OS 3.1.2? The current OS version is 3.1.3. There are OS, firmware and driver updates on the Korg support pages. You might want to look into getting current updates installed. Sounds like it might be the PC drivers. When I have perplexing issues I run the Kronos in standalone mode and work from there.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/424/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: