Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos & FC-7 Weirdness

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vonnor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject: Kronos & FC-7 Weirdness Reply with quote

Anybody here use a Yamaha FC-7 expression pedal with the Kronos?

At last rehearsal I was only getting the Kronos to transmit midi values 58-127 (verified via Cantabile midi-monitor) instead of 0-127 with the FC-7 through it's full range of motion. I grabbed a new FC-7 over the weekend and replaced it, but was only getting 34-127 after the swap-out. I tested the new pedal in the Nord Stage 2 and it transmitted 0-127 no problem.

In the course of testing I turned off the Kronos, reset the pedal to it's "full off" (all the way up) position, then started the Kronos. After that I was getting 0-127.

Is this something normal? Do I need to be sure the pedal is in off/up/zero position when powering up the Kronos? Or is there some other randomness going on?

~ vonnor
LZ
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted response to this on the KC as well:

Use FC7 with Kronos and no issues. One possible culprit: Karma? Is it possible it was turned on and accidentally started a GE that scales or modifies CC's?

I should note that I have mine globally set up for foot controller (CC#4), not CC#7
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use CC#11 and I don't have any problems.
KMAKMA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have zero issues with my Kronos and my multiple FC7s.
Hector Space

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use an FC7 no problems. It really shouldn’t matter what cc you choose. I use cc4 (foot pedal) coz of the kludge over the CX3 expression/swell input AND the Kronos only being able to assign the pedal globally. Which is shear short sighted nonsense when your working with combis each timbre should have its own assignment for all controllers. Just like my Kurzweil Forte in Multi mode. Check the global calibration of the pedal.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hector Space wrote:
I use an FC7 no problems. It really shouldn’t matter what cc you choose. I use cc4 (foot pedal) coz of the kludge over the CX3 expression/swell input AND the Kronos only being able to assign the pedal globally. Which is shear short sighted nonsense when your working with combis each timbre should have its own assignment for all controllers. Just like my Kurzweil Forte in Multi mode. Check the global calibration of the pedal.

On the Kronos I don't see a Global calibration for the control pedal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: