Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KARMA volume balance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wsthomas1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: KARMA volume balance Reply with quote

When using KARMA with some instruments, the volume of what KARMA is doing is so loud that i can hardly hear what the instrument itself is doing. For example, I'm using one of the electric guitars, and when I run KARMA, the melody I'm playing with my right hand can barely be heard. I checked the amp setting of the instrument, and it's set at max.

Is there any way to easily control the KARMA volume ?

Thanks
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to let us know if you are in Program mode or Combi mode.
Karma in Program vs Karma in Combi are worlds apart when it comes to possible solutions and setups.

Karma does not make any sounds of it own. The sound is coming from the program, independent of Karma. Karma comes in after the fact of the sound, tone or sample.
If you are in a program, then karma is playing the same sound that you are playing and it is a competition or cooperation between your hands and Karma.
If you are in Combi mode, then it is possible that Karma is playing a different program than you are playing by hand.

In the case of your problem being in program mode, you may have luck with Karma velocity settings, but not so much luck with volume settings if you want karma pattern to play at one volume while your hands play another volume.
Velocity is a midi setting over how hard the note striking can go. If set to low striking, then that can have a volume reducing effect.

I am not sure how to approach spelling out a solution for you. Your original post suggest you don’t understand how Karma works at the basic level, but it should not stop you from getting results from good instructions to follow.
So... if you are in Program mode, i will not even try to guide you into Karma velocity settings, but i can tell you the easiest velocity setting options in Karma, will be in one of the GE parameters if it is even set up to respond to any of your karma sliders.

The easiest thing i can think of is if you are in combi mode or you move your program to combi mode and run a duplicate program in a second timbre with karma disconnected in the second timbre, but even this option would likely open up the same issue of you needing to learn the basics of Karma workings and how to set it up.

Now i am thinking maybe it is even easier if you forget your whole situation right now and focus on learning how karma works at the basic level, and how to set it up in a Combi.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: KARMA volume balance Reply with quote

wsthomas1 wrote:
When using KARMA with some instruments, the volume of what KARMA is doing is so loud that i can hardly hear what the instrument itself is doing. For example, I'm using one of the electric guitars, and when I run KARMA, the melody I'm playing with my right hand can barely be heard. I checked the amp setting of the instrument, and it's set at max.

Is there any way to easily control the KARMA volume ?

Thanks

Karma is running a pattern on a Program.

It sounds like you are trying to play over the pattern, on that Program. I think that will cause a sound problem.

There are. few ways to handle Karma on a Program but clarify more- what factory combi plus what program part are you playing ?

Karma can be used heavily on a factory Combi. Often, I avoid over use minimize what is going on if its too busy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: