Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Digital osc freezes after 1.32 update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickZoll

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Digital osc freezes after 1.32 update Reply with quote

So after so called "stability issues" update I started experiencing issues with custom osc. Sometimes it just freezes and makes no sound whatever I do. i had to reboot the synth several times yesterday. Does anyone have the same?
rgarner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't noticed it yet but I'll keep an eye out for it. Just got a Microfreak though so I may be some time Wink
NickZoll

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it btw comparing to prologue?
rgarner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I think for me it's probably a more useful tool in the sort of thing I make. It's a lot more capable modulation-wise, with a very nice mod matrix that's deep but simple to operate. The polyphonic aftertouch works very well indeed with four voices of paraphony and I find I can get quite organic sounds that are more to my taste without fighting against mixer headroom or limited modulation.

The polyphonic aftertouch is also a delight – I have been using it with u-he's Repro-5 to get expressive Prophet goodness. And it's tiny, and USB powered, so I run it off my laptop and take it just about anywhere. Also the sequencer is absolutely immense for the size - two patterns, up to 64 steps, and records parameter changes in 4 lanes. Oh and the analogue filter (LP/BP/HP) is just lovely, with fantastic musical resonance.

It has been a little buggy and can sometimes be frustrating but overall it's one of the best value synths I've ever bought. Absolutely feature-packed, incredible design, and four-note paraphony is great (only the filter is shared; the four notes have their own VCAs).

I've had the Plaits oscillators on the Prologue. I've thought "well I don't need a 'freak, I have those oscs", but I've been frustrated at having to menu dive to use them effectively, and those oscs don't have built-in movement so you're reliant on that one LFO wired to shape. They feel like they could sound good but they're a bit hamstrung. The 'freak just sets them free, with great results.

I didn't really have many stock patches that I liked/would use in a track on Prologue. I can strongly recommend patch 4 (Ether) on the 'freak – lovely ambient lead that sounds like it has a reverb on its own and goes into full glitch with aftertouch. Add a delay and it's otherworldly.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I agree on limited mod options, have to employ extra lfos from my hardware sequencer. Also familiar with arturia filter and it is quite good I would say
roll-log

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I make oscillators and has been fine with v1.32, have you tried re-upload the oscillators or even do a factory reset?
NickZoll

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, update. The freeze is not related to 1.32 update. According to Korg it happens to custom oscs that have direct access to memory, they acknowledge the issue and working on that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: