Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RESTART OF 4X On Stage :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, We have to respect that this kind of thisngs take time to solve, Just see how bigg the user manual is, how much this KB can do, and you can undarstand that the os is complex.

So in fact, Paolo is the only one who gives us feedback and try to explain, So don,t lose this great person.

i,m thankful and i know that Korg Team will fix this, in the end Paolo told us that they are on it!

I have sent them my set files BKP files and some videos, And he responded on my questions so i,m trying my best to help them to localize buggs.
Wink

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FANTASTIC Asena!!!!!

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
I have sent them my set files BKP files and some videos, And he responded on my questions so i,m trying my best to help them to localize buggs.
Wink
Good job Asena.
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I'm trying to point out is that Paolo could do a lot to deescalate the tensions about intermittent bugs by being open on the forum about what is going on.

Asking to take to PM and off the forum doesn't help. If it weren't for Asena breaking with that and publicly saying what is going on, we would have no clue other than a vaguely worded 'We're working on it' with no real acknowledgement what 'it' is...!

This forum is an excellent resource to quickly troubleshoot thorny issues with the OS, but I feel that taking them private only serves to isolate information. This is an issue that affects several people, gathering it all publicly helps spot trends. Taking it private works actively against that. A product's user base is often the most effective team a manufacturer has to improve its product. But the emphasis is on 'team'...

The more public Korg are about the issue, the more those with the issue can help. Taking to PM reduces the issue of working on the problem to one on one, and things like intermittent problems are usually solved by everybody with the issue providing data. That is going to take Korg being upfront with us. Active dialog on the forum with every single user that has reported the problem is the most likely path to solving it.

I understand Korg may want to spare themselves of the embarrassment of publicly discussing bugs on an ongoing basis, but I think that the greater harm is done in NOT discussing them openly. Confidence in one's products revolve around the willingness to fix issues quickly, and if that is best done publicly, so be it. The alternative is a user base kept in the dark and unsure what steps are being taken. And growing steadily less confident in the product.

Please, Korg, bring the issue into the open, and not placed in PM's. For bugs to not affect confidence in a product, not only should they be worked on being fixed, but they should be SEEN to be being worked on!
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korghelper wrote:
...Please, Korg, bring the issue into the open, and not placed in PM's. For bugs to not affect confidence in a product, not only should they be worked on being fixed, but they should be SEEN to be being worked on!

+1, well said.
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korghelper wrote:
The more public Korg are about the issue, the more those with the issue can help. Taking to PM reduces the issue of working on the problem to one on one, and things like intermittent problems are usually solved by everybody with the issue providing data.

It's a bit different. Two considerations:

1) We can't offer one-to-one support here in the forum, or in private mails, because it is not the job of the developers to do it, and – most important – we have a capillary distributors and resellers network, that can do this much better than occasional support in a language that is not, very often, the native one of the customer and the developer.

2) We are asking contact in private mail not because we want to keep support secret, but because we need to share files and informations that are exclusive to a particular customer. Most of the analysis we do is on a customer's custom data. The issue can reveal as general, but not always. In any case, we have to examine data that can't be shared to the other members of the forum, and has to remain reserved.

So, sorry if it seems we want to hide information, but it is not for this reason we want to keep communication reserved in some cases. It would make no sense keeping things secrets, since we then document all the bugs we fix when we release a new OS.

Best,
Paolo
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the restarting problem fixed in the new OS Version 3.1.0?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it. As yet I don't think Korg have been able to establish the cause but I believe are still working on it.

Very Happy
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI BR, I think we need Time to See and feel, It,s only 12 hrs now for the new OS!
I hope they have fixed it,

MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
...It,s only 12 hrs now for the new OS!
I hope they have fixed it,

Do you mean they started only 12 hrs before to solve this restarting problem?
I think Korg is aware of this problem more than 12 hrs... Very Happy
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After digging on it, (8 hrs) So far No Crash No restart!

Sample, Edit,Import,Export OK!

Style edit, Load , Save Exit etc OK!

Overal editing, sounds Fx , Eq /loop points ect OK!

Save / Copy/ Load Delete etc OK!

Well So far I,m Happy
Wink

Thank you KORG TEAM

MEDELI AKX-10

LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news Asena - thanks for sharing....

Pete Very Happy
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news. Looking at the new features, it looks like much more care has been introduced into the OS with regard to tracing sample pointers and ID’s, and some kind of internal awareness when corruption has occurred. I have a feeling that this may have been a major contributor to the instability.

But still early days... hopefully all who have had the issue quickly chime in and report if the update solves it for them too. (Please do so!)

In response to Paolo’s post, I understand that the data may need to remain confidential when dealing with each individual bug reporter, and that obviously can be PM’d to the lab, but I fail to see the harm in an open thread discussion detailing issue progress, or collecting anecdotal reports in the open, or being open about how many current users you are working with about the issue.

What this generates is not only confidence that this particular issue is being addressed but also future issues will be acknowledged and tackled as openly.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In response to Paolo’s post, I understand that the data may need to remain confidential when dealing with each individual bug reporter, and that obviously can be PM’d to the lab, but I fail to see the harm in an open thread discussion detailing issue progress, or collecting anecdotal reports in the open, or being open about how many current users you are working with about the issue.

I don't think it is fair to expect that.
This is a free public forum about Korg products and totally independent from the Korg organisation. If Korg open their own managed forum then maybe that could happen.
We don't get this from other software vendors.
There is no requirement for Korg to disclose or discuss WIP projects.
I agree that it could boost confidence in some cases similar to serious support issues like the shutdown problem that a few of our members were experiencing.

However, we are very very fortunate to have Korg even looking at our forums.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, we are very very fortunate to have Korg even looking at our forums.

+1000 Very Happy

MEDELI AKX-10

LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: