Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Os next Pa700 and Pa1000
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject: Os next Pa700 and Pa1000 Reply with quote

It would be really nice if the people in Korg Towers could drop us an os next update for the Pa700 and Pa4x owners.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It would be really nice if the people in Korg Towers could drop us an os next update for the Pa700 and Pa4x owners.
We've just received OS3.1 for PA4X

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject: Pa1000 - Next OS Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
.. just received OS3.1 for PA4X ..

.. just for Pa4x owners only, but would really be nice also to get an upgrade like OS Next for Pa700 and Pa1000 owners
For me it would be important in next OS to correct the function of "StyleToKbdSet" in Sb-Mode.
This function has the shortcoming with selection of sb-entries switching automatically to KbdSet#1 although this function (StyleToKbdSet) is put to OFF.
---> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119048

In styleplay mode it usually works satisfyingly, but with Songbook that is useless!
As soon as running styles used with sb-entries and "StyleToKbdSet" set to Off each sb-selection causes bumpy interruptions instead of realtime-tracks soft transitions - that is useless.

For me it is a DECISIVE ARGUMENT TO PURCHASE a Pa1000: playing a running style with songbook should be free of bumpy interruptions of realtime-sounds in case of selecting sb-entries (using Previous, Next, Direct Access or Set-List-Buttons) with setting "StyleToKbdSet"=OFF.

Hence, I still wait for an OS update for Pa1000!

PS: With sb-entry-typ style in previous Pa-series of Korg we did not have that interruptions, but smooth transitions of realtime-tracks as expectet in case indicator was OFF (function had another name, but works useful).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de

Last edited by siebenhirter on Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject: pa4x vs genos Reply with quote

just look at the pa4x people and all what they say ,,
still problems all over the keyboard...
I try it a few times and went back to the great os2.2 and all work fine...and I do not nead to sweat it out.... people useing os3 ,,are frightened of the keyboard pad sync ,,shutdown and more ,,
some people like the new gadget or OS ,, even if it doesn't work,,so untill korg get it right ,,, and that will be just before the New PA 5 X , come out ,,,

I am looking at the new yamaha genos... 28 insert effects ,,,pa4x you get 3 ,, you can you your smart phone to work the genos ,,it ... nice …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QXGI2xFTTc
B.Safe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 - Next OS Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
...For me it would be important in next OS to correct the function of "StyleToKbdSet" in Sb-Mode...
...In styleplay mode it usually works satisfyingly, but in the Songbook mode that is useless!...

That's where you're wrong: Songbook is not a mode.
Songbook is just a way to quickly initialize the instrument and then, the instrument is put either in style mode or song mode, depending on the chosen Songbook input.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 - Next OS Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
siebenhirter wrote:
...For me it would be important in next OS to correct the function of "StyleToKbdSet" in Sb-Mode...
...In styleplay mode it usually works satisfyingly, but in the Songbook mode that is useless!...

That's where you're wrong: Songbook is not a mode.
Songbook is just a way to quickly initialize the instrument and then, the instrument is put either in style mode or song mode, depending on the chosen Songbook input.

BUT

It is the customisation settings that are also saved when the customised Style is saved to Songbook that is the whole key to using any PA effectively.

It is users inability to grasp and to use Songbook that is a major hinderence in using their PA.

Turn on, press Songbook, select the Song you want to play then play it. Why on Earth is this so difficult to achieve?

Forget keybdset buttons, what keyboard sets you save to Songbook will be recalled when the Songbook entry is loaded.

If this does not happen you have a screwed up the system.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
I am looking at the new yamaha genos... 28 insert effects ,,,pa4x you get 3 ,, you can you your smart phone to work the genos ,,it ... nice …

Hey Duby
Seems like you're heading to jump ship.
It's all very subjective of course and we all have different requirements.

All I can say is that so far I have no problems with my PA4X V3 - now, I am NOT arguing as I am sure those experiencing problems are real.
I guess the trouble is that we all use our PA4Xs in different ways - different styles/samples/functions etc.... so it is hard to narrow down what the issues are.

I know how you feel - recently sold my beautiful classic Merc because of its very intermittent breakdown problem - impossible to reproduce on demand!!! Unreliable - couldn't risk using it - sold it.

Anyhow, if you think Genos is a better fit for you then maybe you should go for it - just personally, I wouldn't consider it for me - it's personal but, despite its very nice sounds, I dislike the keybed, styles and the fact that it is really a Tyros on steroids - I owned many PSRs and Tyros and for me, never again (certainly not now). It is a shame that there is no real competition for the Pa4X currently - just Genos and I'm sorry but the 3-hour YouTube demonstration above does not excite me much - I was closer to considering a Tyros-5-76 at one stage.

If there is a PA5X, then it will be very interesting to see how/if it has changed.

I hope you find some peace with your keyboard needs and choices.

All the best my friend

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
B.Safe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 - Next OS Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:

BUT

It is the customisation settings that are also saved when the customised Style is saved to Songbook that is the whole key to using any PA effectively.

It is users inability to grasp and to use Songbook that is a major hinderence in using their PA.

Turn on, press Songbook, select the Song you want to play then play it. Why on Earth is this so difficult to achieve?

+1
Biggles wrote:

Forget keybdset buttons, what keyboard sets you save to Songbook will be recalled when the Songbook entry is loaded.

If this does not happen you have a screwed up the system.

The Keyboard Sets are still useful, especially when I play live and want to use more (or other) instruments than those already recorded in the Songbook entry. I can find my way around more easily than recording several Songbook entries because, in my experience, it is often the same Keyboard Sets that are used.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Pete Reply with quote

Pete I did not jump ship yet .. I still have tha pa1000 amd Pa4x and do love them ..just like you have a kronos and pa4x ,, I would get one of each and try thing out ,, and i did not buy one yet ... and I don't demand much from the pa4x ,, no sample , , I could use a laptop computer or plug in my smart phone and play music ,, it just i have to play some songs live ...
the genos and pa4x are very close to each other ..

to me it mostly the screen , korg clean up the screen an made more room ( great ) and then made everthing smaller or shrunk ,, but korg just did it on some screem..not all . and some menus ..to me it like ..
Why do people order a double cheeseburger, large fries, and a diet soda?,, and think the diet soda will make them lose calories ... korg let make the screen beautiful and now let make tiny ,,,
you can't get rid of me that fast...

did you test this out .
the indicator ,, just work with MIDI ,,, on a MP3 the time count work but the bar will not move...( or show up ) the bar move on MIDI .. not mp3 ... some nice person can test this so i know if it just my keyboard ...
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject: OS next update for the Pa700/1000 owners Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
.. you're wrong: Songbook is not a mode .. Songbook is just a way to ...either in style mode or song mode depending on the chosen Songbook input.

Call Songbook as you like as a "way". SongBook is an onboard music database used in style mode or song mode. If it helps to your better understanding replace each of term "songbook mode" with "songbook way", "songbook app" etc - for me if using songbook I am in songbook-mode!
Biggles wrote:
.. customised Style is saved to Songbook that is the whole key to using any PA effectively. It is users inability to grasp and to use Songbook ...

No - that really is not. Here it is to make a distinction whether sb-entry-type is styles or song. It is acceptable with sb-entry-type song that "StyleToKbdSet" set to OFF and also set to ON switch to KbdSet#1, but with sb-entry-type style Pa is not to use effectively (quite the contrary with "StyleToKbdSet" set to OFF).

But it furthermore needs no discussion - Korg is informed - that it is a shortcoming in sb-mode with sb-entry-type STYLE, that setting "StyleToKbdSet" to OFF does the same as set to ON. With both settings - how pointlessly - selection of an sb-entry (direct access, per set-list, per kbd-set-buttons with SetList=on) results switching to KbdSet#1.

With a running style "StyleToKbdSet" set to OFF with each sb-entry-selection will cause a bumpy interruption of realtime-tracks, caused by switching to KbdSet#1. Nevertheless "StyleToKbdSet"set to OFF should prevent such switchings, to get smooth transitions with realtime-tracks.

This problem was deposited for Korg about local importer and Korg knows that songbook of Pa1000 is inexpedient for styleplay with "StyleToKbdSet"set to OFF. This objection by the application of sb-entries linked with a style (sb-entry-typ style) is entitled in any case and also is supported by product management.
duby2 wrote:
just look at the pa4x people and all what they say ,, still problems all over the keyboard...
I try it a few times and went back to the great os2.2 and all work fine...and I do not nead to sweat it out.... people useing os3 ,,are frightened of the keyboard pad sync ,,shutdown and more ,,some people like the new gadget or OS ,, even if it doesn't work,,so untill korg get it right ,,, and that will be just before the New PA 5 X , come out ,,,

For me shortcomings of Pa4x less is its OS but are missing functions which limits the use as a style player to a level below the comfort of the previous models.

There are functions that has been outsourced from the performances/kbdSet to the Globals (style preferences) and useless functions such as "StyleToKbdSet", which in Sb-Mode only work satisfactorily with sb-type "song" but not with sb-type "style". Thus sb-functions are not suitable for the StylePlay overall, so you have to consider a workflow without using the sb-that is a pity, because still has worked in Pa3x / 800 / 500..
Shutdown and freezing Pa4x for me seems to be the same problem that occurs with computers. Preventing short currency interruptions - often caused by faulty cables and shaky USB connections - sometimes would help I think. Another problem will be the usage of corrupt data of Sets, sometimes the structure of which was damaged by unqualified copying and data handling.
I would not look at the new yamaha genos but for a Next OS for Pa1000. That should contain well working songbook-type "style", with "StyleToKbd"=Off would not switch to KbdSet#1 but really would be OFF as meant and realized with same function in pure style-mode.
As I do not like new OS even if it doesn't work, I still wait for an OS update for Pa1000 - until korg get it right just before new series come out and experience shows similar things happens again.
PS: Pre-programming next sb-entry with KbdSet#1 is no solution, because it does no matter, which Sb-entry with entry-typ style is changed to another sb-entry with Sb-entry-type style (each of sb-entry maybe previous or next in selection).

To keep in mind: talking about here mostly relates to sb-entry-typ STYLE.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is some feature you would like in your PA you could always send them a request.

Posting the same thing over and over in the forum is not likely to get anything done as Korg staff do not seem to frequent this forums or if they do a low profile is kept by them.

So whilst the feature you seek may well be very desirable unless the right people are aware of what you seek nothing will happen.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject: OS next update for the Pa700/1000 owners Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
.. Posting the same thing over and over in the forum is not likely to get anything done as Korg staff do not seem to frequent this forums or if they do a low profile is kept by them.

So whilst the feature you seek may well be very desirable unless the right people are aware of what you seek nothing will happen.

Posting the same thing is as frequent as often as it is necessary - maybe as answers to postings or reactions to statements here.
In case of songbook the problem sb-entries linked with a style (sb-entry-typ style) is still existing, even till present it was violently denied of some users here.

It does not matter if you think Korg staff do not frequent this forum.
It is much important to convince product management about shortcomings against the opposition of users, that better like functions even if doesn't work.

As it seems you did not understand my last posting: it was (again) about sb-entry-type style, that causes bumpy interruptions by sb-selection also with "StyleToKbd"=Off.
That can not be improved - as you meant - with pre-programming next sb-entry with same KbdSet#1 as previous sb-entry.

That is because with a running style soft transition of realtime-tracks as intended with "StyleToKbdSet" set to OFF only you get with avoiding switching of KbdSet#1 after a sb-selection.
Moreover each sb-entry could be the next-sb-entry or the previous-sb-entry - to equip all entries with the same KbdSet#1 is pointless.

Now explain the same thing over and over, how important it would be STARTING A SONG effectively with its customised settings in KbdSet#1. But that has nothing to do with application of sb-entries linked with a style, for which "StyleToKbd"=Off was created to prevent from bumpy interruptions in a RUNNING STYLE.

Thus think once why same things are posted often - it is not whilst a feature that is seeked may well be very desirable, but an existing feature does not work satisfyingly as we almost had in previous series.

"OS next Pa700 and Pa1000" is this thread - hope function "StyleToKbdSet" set to OFF with sb-entries linked to a style (sb-entry-typ style) will be updated reasonable with next OS of Pa1000.

B.Safe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: OS next update for the Pa700/1000 owners Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Call Songbook as you like as a "way". SongBook is an onboard music database used in style mode or song mode. If it helps to your better understanding replace each of term "songbook mode" with "songbook way", "songbook app" etc - for me if using songbook I am in songbook-mode!

I do not need to call it differently to what is written in the manual to understand how it works. And you say it yourself : SongBook is an onboard music database used in style mode or song mode Laughing
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: OS next update for the Pa700/1000 owners Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
.. I do not need to call it differently to what is written in the manual ..

.... it is ridiculously to discuss about correct denominating the usage of sb-database, also you could not find "songbook-mode" in manuals. Laughing

B.Safe wrote:
... to understand how it works ..

..... this is important, but, besides, you might not understand something.

Sb do not work satisfactory with sb-entry-type style and causes bumpy interruptions by sb-selection with "StyleToKbd"=Off.

This happens with running styles while selecting an sb-entry, that automatically switch on realtime-tracks to KbdSet#1. That might acceptable for sb-entry-type song but it is frightfully unmusical for runnig sb-entry-type style.

That really was hard to convince product management about this shortcoming against the opposition of some users like you, that also likes features that does not work satisfyingly (apparentyl unused from them).

Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: OS next update for the Pa700/1000 owners Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Biggles wrote:
.. Posting the same thing over and over in the forum is not likely to get anything done as Korg staff do not seem to frequent this forums or if they do a low profile is kept by them.

Posting the same thing is as frequent as often as it is necessary - maybe as answers to postings or reactions to statements here.
In case of songbook the problem sb-entries linked with a style (sb-entry-typ style) is still existing, even till present it was violently denied of some users here.

It does not matter if you think Korg staff do not frequent this forum.
It is much important to convince product management about shortcomings against the opposition of users, that better like functions even if doesn't work.

As it seems you did not understand my last posting: it was (again) about sb-entry-type style, that causes bumpy interruptions by sb-selection also with "StyleToKbd"=Off.
That can not be improved - as you meant - with pre-programming next sb-entry with same KbdSet#1 as previous sb-entry.

That is because with a running style soft transition of realtime-tracks as intended with "StyleToKbdSet" set to OFF only you get with avoiding switching of KbdSet#1 after a sb-selection.
Moreover each sb-entry could be the next-sb-entry or the previous-sb-entry - to equip all entries with the same KbdSet#1 is pointless.

Now explain the same thing over and over, how important it would be STARTING A SONG effectively with its customised settings in KbdSet#1. But that has nothing to do with application of sb-entries linked with a style, for which "StyleToKbd"=Off was created to prevent from bumpy interruptions in a RUNNING STYLE.

Thus think once why same things are posted often - it is not whilst a feature that is seeked may well be very desirable, but an existing feature does not work satisfyingly as we almost had in previous series.

"OS next Pa700 and Pa1000" is this thread - hope function "StyleToKbdSet" set to OFF with sb-entries linked to a style (sb-entry-typ style) will be updated reasonable with next OS of Pa1000.

I do not have any problem with the way my 700 operates.

Have you reported your problem to Korg ?

If you have not reported it directly to Korg then how do you expect the problem to be fixed ?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: