Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

os3.1.0 test this and see if it works

View previous topic :: View next topic  
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:09 am    Post subject: os3.1.0 test this and see if it works Reply with quote

You would thin Korg would hear us ,,, there just fixing there mistakes...

just try the new os.3.1.0 and it look nice .. I took pictures of things ..

and it look like the position indicator ,, should be on the lyrics screen also .. just like you did with the master transpose indicator...and it also look like that ,,, the indicator ,, just work with MIDI ,,, on a MP3 the time count work but the bar will not move...( or show up ) the bar move on MIDI .. not mp3 ... some nice person can test this so i know if it just my keyboard ...

the custom playlist . when you drop it down ,, you can't see it ..
first the color ,,, light black or light orange (DA) and then let have fun , lets make the font even smaller ,,, it fit more custom names ,but if you can't see them ,what good is it ...

you can change colors and fonts on you smart phone ,and I pay $500 for it ,,and $4000 for a keyboard and can not ..
again back to the OS 2 that work solid like a rock...and you can read the screen ...

I think the pa5x will be the same to bad ... that yamaha genos with it big 9 inch screen and the weight 28 lb ...and now a new OS that let you change fonts and more , and they said it could not be done ...
and like korg the OS is free ... yes i am upset..

oh I just again time the start up ,,, OS2 is faster …
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Duby

So sorry my friend, that you are upset with the PA4X.
Maybe from your concerns you should stay with 2.2 and wait for PA5X (or get the Genos??)

I guess we all use our keyboards in many different ways and also use the many features differently.
I empathise with your frustrations but must say that I have none really at this point.
BUT, of course, I use mine differently for sure.

I hope you can find some peace with it and I doubt I personally can make any difference but always willing to help and try things on my PA4X for you if you wish.

Take care

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject: junk Reply with quote

Pete you your the best .

I'am not upset with the pa4x . we all tell korg what we think and want and korg will say ok ,here a new os , yes we fix the mistakes we made be happy ...hire some yamaha people...

I think that , this new os3 is or will be on the pa5.. and if the screen stay the same and the hardware will stay the same , we should save are money ,,what is the difference between the two ,,pa4 and Genos not much
and the korg pa4x tc helicon,,, yamaha voice processor is just about the same ... it look like most people here say the voicelive touch or one of the other tc helicon work much better ..than the strip down model of the in the pa4x..new blood in the korg company ..its just like the Iphone ...I had for years . we think there nothing better and then cheaper than dirt came out ,and as good and maybe better ,, android phone .. is more popular...
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: junk Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
korg will say ok ,here a new os , yes we fix the mistakes we made be happy

I don’t seem to remember Korg ever saying that... even if it were intelligible English!

Korg fix SOME problems, can’t fix others, but intend to fix later if possible, make design decisions that annoy SOME people (while others seem perfectly fine with them), and some design decisions that all like.

But I am pretty sure you have never heard them say ‘We fix the mistakes, be happy!’

You can be sure they are already hard at work trying to track down hard to replicate bugs, and working hard on the next update (I am pretty sure I recall you saying pretty much the same stuff prior to the last two updates, yet you never learn!), while at the same time also working hard on the next model, sounds and OS. So, enough already!

To be honest, the longer Korg takes to bring out a new arranger, the more likely it’s going to be that they have the time to base it on new hardware, which is the only thing that is likely to address most of your pet peeves... So these stopgap updates, even if they don’t address them all, are your best bet at getting them at all. But that’s going to take patience. Look it up, it might be a word you haven’t tried much!

And next time you quote Korg, how about you actually quote them? There’s enough fake news going round, no need to make more.
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole point here is that there are many for which the Pa4x is a tool of their trade. The Pa4x has had its fair share of issues since day one and for us users or beta testers its been joy mixed with frustrations.

For sure I am not going to be quoting anything from Korg but by the time the Pa4x was released one might have thought that the flagship would have been stable. The concept of the Pa4x and the innovation through to the build quality of the Pa4x is superb but under the hood it has imho been under specified and plagued with slow running hardware,

Credit to Korg for updating resources and trying to squeeze further performance from the hardware but are we now seeing the limits of the processing and DSP with all these crashes ?

I am pegged at Ver 3 for now as thus far I have not had any issues as other have had and will watch with interest to see what Korg now do to bring stability to this product.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: